Victor HA-FW10000: 10th Anniversary model
Apr 24, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #1,126 of 1,217
I’ve been testing these iems with the mojo, mojo 2, h2, hiby r6, r3, cayin n5ii, opus 3, and some cheap dsdn daps.

my impression is that it does well with the h2 and mojo 2, and also with the hiby r6.

i’m thinking of picking up the cayin n8ii, and i “imagine” it will be a good fit based on reviews of the dap.

but no matter what i listen to, it seems to be best, at least to my old and weak ears, with specific types of music. Anything that is a small band, less than 10 instruments, lead vocals, and backup vocals. Anything more complex and it seems to have trouble keeping up.

electronica, rock, hip hop, rap, small ensemble classical, up to quintet jazz, are where the 10k’s seem to do well. In fact, the fewer the instruments, the better it sounds. The timber that so many have commented on is exceptional.

i particularly love how a variety of percussion instruments and deeper resonant instruments, like cellos, sound.
one of my favs with these iems, is norah jones. Spectacularly musical and resonant, love these for her distinctive sound.

where it seems to be weak, at least compared to something like the kse1200, is in symphonies, orchestral music, some big band jazz. For this type of music, the 10k’s fair no better than a lot of inexpensive iems and headphones i own. Too much blending, at least to me.

all in all, these are excellent iems, and i look forward to years of listening enjoyment.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #1,129 of 1,217
FW10000 and LP6 Gold are the only audio product I owned which I knew I will keep long term from the first second I heard them.

Nothing has the sense of scale and space FW10K, and LP6 Gold really shows it.

FW10K really shines with cable which are dynamic, something like Ares audio Ikigai, but I just don't see myself buying a cable half the cost of FW10K. I normalyl stay away from litz cable due to how stiff they are.

Apr 29, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #1,130 of 1,217
Right now I'm listening to my FW10000 with Sony's MUC-M12SB1 cable for a few minutes before going to bed. I originally bought this cable for my XBA-N3, but I might end buying a second pair... The coherency is very good.

Apr 30, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #1,132 of 1,217
I didn’t find the pair to be good.
But Good that you like it! Did you try other cables?
Yup. I bought the Sonys as a replacement after my Orb Celestial Force cable got damaged on one side. The FW10000 sounds more “musical” or “alive” to my ears with the Sonys, especially when it comes to consistent bass response.

EDIT. I’m gonna go ahead and say that these are leaps and bounds ahead of the Orb cables.

Last edited:
May 3, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #1,133 of 1,217
I generally prefer much more transient fast attack sounds (did I mention that already?), but I'm realizing that the more I listen to the 10k's, the more I'm liking solo piano pieces and solo cello pieces on these iems.

tonally, these are reminding more and more of the ER4P, but with this wonderful resonance that's hard to describe. Would I travel a lot with these? Probably not as the idea of going on trips with such expensive IEMs when the "almost as good" ER4P is so much less risky, but for errands around the neighborhood, or a long session at a coffee shop, these are absolutely dreamy.

As others have said, it's a bit surprising these aren't more popular in the US.

May 3, 2022 at 2:19 AM Post #1,134 of 1,217
FW10K love any recording which is captured live or within a venue that has ambience ( churches, orchestra hall).

I went back to stock cable again. I also have a special amp coming for FW10000, ill report once I get to hear them.

May 3, 2022 at 3:08 AM Post #1,135 of 1,217
I tried today FW10k with my old dap - hifi et ma8 (monster audio ma8 ) which was modded back in the day, and is based on pcm1792 chip BB. I would say - wow, very nice, person wrote previously that there are plenty of transient sounds- yes, and also half tones, after tones, and music is 3 D in these. Tried armature based - also very good,but music isn’t “breathing”…
Try if you have a chance!

May 9, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #1,137 of 1,217
Anyone use nobunaga cables on the 10K?

I've read some recent posts where folks talk about trying different cables but ultimately going back to the original cables.
I really like the very robust sound from the 10ks, but I'm frustrated with the slow transients and wondering if there's a cable out that that could provide a faster attack and decay.

If there is nothing that can be done to increase that speed a bit, that's okay, but I'm debating trying out a moon-audio or nobunaga cable to get that little bit extra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back