Victor HA-FW10000: 10th Anniversary model
Jun 2, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #962 of 1,217
Jun 3, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #964 of 1,217
Jun 3, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #966 of 1,217
Jun 3, 2020 at 6:35 AM Post #968 of 1,217
Do you have both the AR-M2 and the AR-M20?
My bad , I only have their top dap. So the 2 not 20. You would think the 20 is the top.

Jul 7, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #970 of 1,217
I've been listening to these FW10000 for about a week and went from being initially underwhelmed to considering them a must-try (or even must-own) for any IEM enthusiast.

I had been using a Sony IER-Z1R for the two weeks prior, but I was too curious about what the other pure Japanese titan IEM had to offer. I wanted to decide on keeping only one of the two, but now I'm inclined to keep both since they both offer something unique. While the Z1R offers an almost entirely new sound for all of my music, which new elements appearing in every listen, the FW10000 gives a familiar sound, everything sounds as I would expect, but better in quality than ever before. All sounds are just right, so pristine and natural. Basically "I didn't think music could sound like this (in a good way)" vs. "I didn't think music could sound this good".

For now, my FW10000 is getting more use.

Does anyone have experiences to share regarding eartip and cable replacements? Those are the parts I'm least happy about. The eartips that don't strain my ear canal (size M) don't provide a great seal, just barely good enough. These earphones include Spiral Dots + (which I guess are unique to them, in between the original Spiral Dots and the newer ++ ones?). I wonder how much the +s differ from the ++s.

The cable is single ended, but my amp is a TA-ZH1ES, which performs better via balanced outputs. For the time being I'm using the balanced cables from an old Z5 and the FW10000s sound significantly better (not due to balanced being inherently better than single-ended, just that my amp is better at it). Also the MMCX connectors on the stock cable feel kind of cheap for a headphone of this caliber.

Jul 7, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #971 of 1,217
I've been listening to these FW10000 for about a week and went from being initially underwhelmed to considering them a must-try (or even must-own) for any IEM enthusiast.

I had been using a Sony IER-Z1R for the two weeks prior, but I was too curious about what the other pure Japanese titan IEM had to offer. I wanted to decide on keeping only one of the two, but now I'm inclined to keep both since they both offer something unique. While the Z1R offers an almost entirely new sound for all of my music, which new elements appearing in every listen, the FW10000 gives a familiar sound, everything sounds as I would expect, but better in quality than ever before. All sounds are just right, so pristine and natural. Basically "I didn't think music could sound like this (in a good way)" vs. "I didn't think music could sound this good".

Does anyone have experiences to share regarding eartip and cable replacements? Those are the parts I'm least happy about. The eartips that don't strain my ear canal (size M) don't provide a great seal, just barely good enough. These earphones include Spiral Dots + (which I guess are unique to them, in between the original Spiral Dots and the newer ++ ones?). I wonder how much the +s differ from the ++s.

The cable is single ended, but my amp is a TA-ZH1ES, which performs better via balanced outputs. For the time being I'm using the balanced cables from an old Z5 and the FW10000s sound significantly better (not due to balanced being inherently better than single-ended, just that my amp is better at it). Also the MMCX connectors on the stock cable feel kind of cheap for a headphone of this caliber.
Im currently using the fw10k with Crystal Cable Dream Duet. It expands the fw10k's soundstage even more.
In my opinion, after trying many high end cables, the stock cable is good enough.
For the eartips, I'm using the dot++, the tube is harder than dot+ which provide better fitting for me. But in term of sound, I think it's kinda similar.

Jul 7, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #972 of 1,217

I’m using Spiral Dots ++ (no difference with SD+) and Rosenkranz cable.

Jul 7, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #973 of 1,217

I have tried different ear tips and cables such as:

Ear tips: dot ++, acoustune, final e, azla Sedna light short and azla Sedna xelastec

My best experience for fw10000 are either dot++ (cleaner sound, detail, comfort) or Sedna xelastec (better low, isolation)

In terms of cables, I’ve tried the following.
Crystal cable: dream duet, double duet
Orb: clear force ultimate 8w
Pw: 1960 2w/4w
Plussound: tricopper, trisilver
EA: leo I & II
Brise audio: yatono 4w/8w, str7 ref.

To my ears: if one looking for enhanced soundstage, increase richness/body with more warmth and more vocal presence while keeping the detail without ruining the treble (pushing it further to an unbearable point) as well as toning down the peaks, I would recommend the following:

Smooth and comfortable:
Orb: clear force ultimate 8w (copper, JPN)
Brise: str7 ref., yatono 4w (copper, JPN)

Looking for extra technicality:
Crystal: dream duet (Silver, Dutch) **deeper bass extension, further treble extension, less bass qty and overall lean to my ears)

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #974 of 1,217
Thanks for all the cable recommendations!

Has anyone tried JVC's own CN-HM01MB? I also have Sony's older MMCX Kimber copper balanced cable, I'll be giving those a try in a few days.

I'm actually not looking for a cable to transform or improve the sound (not much of a believer in that anyway), but simply to find a good quality and good looking balanced cable replacement, since as mentioned my amp performs better through its balanced outputs.

I do really like the stock cable in appearance (besides the cheap-looking MMCX connectors) and quality. It may not be doing much, but I love the idea of the silk thread within the copper. It's so romantic, just like everything else about this IEM. In fact it's the most romantic IEM I can think of.

Jul 7, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #975 of 1,217
I had the Sony Kimber 4.4 cable on them for a while, but then I went back to the original cable, because of the Calyx-M. It's still the best pairing I've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back