Victor HA-FW10000: 10th Anniversary model
Jul 7, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #976 of 1,217
Thanks for all the cable recommendations!

Has anyone tried JVC's own CN-HM01MB? I also have Sony's older MMCX Kimber copper balanced cable, I'll be giving those a try in a few days.

I'm actually not looking for a cable to transform or improve the sound (not much of a believer in that anyway), but simply to find a good quality and good looking balanced cable replacement, since as mentioned my amp performs better through its balanced outputs.

I do really like the stock cable in appearance (besides the cheap-looking MMCX connectors) and quality. It may not be doing much, but I love the idea of the silk thread within the copper. It's so romantic, just like everything else about this IEM. In fact it's the most romantic IEM I can think of.

I can vouch for the CN-HM01MB. I don‘t use the JVC SU-AX01 or PHA-3 anymore though. I use a Walkman now.

Jul 8, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #977 of 1,217
Thanks for all the cable recommendations!

Has anyone tried JVC's own CN-HM01MB? I also have Sony's older MMCX Kimber copper balanced cable, I'll be giving those a try in a few days.

I'm actually not looking for a cable to transform or improve the sound (not much of a believer in that anyway), but simply to find a good quality and good looking balanced cable replacement, since as mentioned my amp performs better through its balanced outputs.

I do really like the stock cable in appearance (besides the cheap-looking MMCX connectors) and quality. It may not be doing much, but I love the idea of the silk thread within the copper. It's so romantic, just like everything else about this IEM. In fact it's the most romantic IEM I can think of.

Unless you use Jvc’s Su-ax01 or Sony pha3, otherwise the CN-HM01MB is not for normal 3.5/2.5/4.4 jack.

If you have a chance, try out Brise audio str7 Ref., you won’t regret it. It’s relatively not that expansive compared to other cable brand. (7,7000JPY tax incl’d)

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #978 of 1,217
If you have a chance, try out Brise audio str7 Ref., you won’t regret it. It’s relatively not that expansive compared to other cable brand. (7,7000JPY tax incl’d)

I was confused but then realized you just placed the comma in the wrong place there. The Brise cable is 70,000 yen, which is the most expensive option I've seen by far. I was looking into Nobunaga Labs' gold-lined silver cable which I've seen several Japanese users recommend, and that one is "only" 30,000 yen. Many good options are also available below 20,000. So yeah, the Brise is definitely on the high price end.

Jul 8, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #981 of 1,217
I was confused but then realized you just placed the comma in the wrong place there. The Brise cable is 70,000 yen, which is the most expensive option I've seen by far. I was looking into Nobunaga Labs' gold-lined silver cable which I've seen several Japanese users recommend, and that one is "only" 30,000 yen. Many good options are also available below 20,000. So yeah, the Brise is definitely on the high price end.

Try orb clear force ultimate, a more affordable option at roughly 30,000JPY

Jul 8, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #982 of 1,217
I use Alo Audio’s 4.4mm Super Litz Cable. It’s regularly 200USD but it was on sale for $50 off when I purchased it back in March. I would have liked something like the Clear Force Ultimate 2 but the Alo cable gets the job done.

Jul 13, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #985 of 1,217
Where did you buy the yatono 4w cable? I'm interesting in the NOBUNAGA Labs Kochou cable as well, and also want to try out the AK Cantabile 2.5mm since I'm using sp1000m.

You can either get it directly from Brise Audio the manufacturer of the cable in Japan or shops in MK or Wanchai if you live in Hong Kong.

Jul 14, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #990 of 1,217
According to one of the Japanese comment in one of their review, they can be considered the bass version of the fw10k. I personally love them so much that I don’t think I will be interested in searching for another pair of iem in quite some time to come.
how's the sound of TZ700? I think solaris 2020 or Faudio major(maybe) would be a good bass version of fw10k, but never had a chance try out both. apparently tz700 is a lot cheaper than fw10k, is it worth to buy both for different sound signature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back