Victor HA-FW10000: 10th Anniversary model
Dec 24, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #95 of 1,217
Hav you been able to compare them to the SW01? I have the FW01, and as much as I enjoy them, I'm confident that the SW01 are even better, based on the product description on JVC's website. The technology of the FW10k seems like the FW01's in earphone form, except for the dynamic driver that combines the wood dome and carbon diaphragm, and the massive price difference. I'd like to own the FW10K at some point, but I'd rather buy it in a headphone version instead of an earphone.

SW01 is really not what one would expect to sound after one experience the FW01. I personally cannot recommend the SW01, as it is a strange beast. It can sound bright in poor mastering. It is jus too file dependent.The earcup are too shallow, and it doesnt isolate as well, I got them over the Ultrasone Edition 7, hoping to use it as my daily closed back headphone, but it just doesnt isolate as well as I hope it would.
Now going from FW01 to FW10000, you also wouldnt expect they are from the same family, simply put FW10000 is on a group on its own.

I don't want to hype up, I just got the unit, and still burning it in, I suggest save your money, skip the SW01, save for FW10000, it is worth looking into.

Dec 24, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #96 of 1,217
SW01 is really not what one would expect to sound after one experience the FW01. I personally cannot recommend the SW01, as it is a strange beast. It can sound bright in poor mastering. It is jus too file dependent.The earcup are too shallow, and it doesnt isolate as well, I got them over the Ultrasone Edition 7, hoping to use it as my daily closed back headphone, but it just doesnt isolate as well as I hope it would.
Now going from FW01 to FW10000, you also wouldnt expect they are from the same family, simply put FW10000 is on a group on its own.

I don't want to hype up, I just got the unit, and still burning it in, I suggest save your money, skip the SW01, save for FW10000, it is worth looking into.

I was considering that the SW01 would sound just fine with the SU-AX01, which I already own. I had similar issues with the FW01 until I purchased the amp and started running them balanced with K2 enabled. Now, I can’t get enough of them.

Knowing the technology difference between it and FW10K though, I would rather not buy it, just to have to buy something again later on, and have more stuff collecting dust. The FW01 for example can’t match the FXZ200’s bass, but I haven’t felt the need to pick up the FXZ200 again ever since I got the SU-AX01. I no longer use my FXT200 Ltd, and my brother now owns the XBA-N3.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I’ll start saving up and see how things look later down the road. Earphones aren’t perfect for me, so I do hope that they update their headband series with those new drivers.

Dec 24, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #97 of 1,217
I was considering that the SW01 would sound just fine with the SU-AX01, which I already own. I had similar issues with the FW01 until I purchased the amp and started running them balanced with K2 enabled. Now, I can’t get enough of them.

Knowing the technology difference between it and FW10K though, I would rather not buy it, just to have to buy something again later on, and have more stuff collecting dust. The FW01 for example can’t match the FXZ200’s bass, but I haven’t felt the need to pick up the FXZ200 again ever since I got the SU-AX01. I no longer use my FXT200 Ltd, and my brother now owns the XBA-N3.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I’ll start saving up and see how things look later down the road. Earphones aren’t perfect for me, so I do hope that they update their headband series with those new drivers.

I haven't tried the AX01, it is on my plan, hoping to buy it in near future. I like how SW01 plays piano using the sony 4.4m balance out, however I feel SW01 loves current and lots of it, and Sony simply can't deliver.

The weakest point of SW01 is its imaging, too bad, as its aesthetic is excellent.

Dec 24, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #98 of 1,217
In the last portafes 2018 in japan, JVC shown-off the under-developing eartips, so for guys who can't make proper fit with a new spiral dot plus. You might wait for the new one.

Dec 24, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #99 of 1,217
It seems not only me that think FW10000 is better pairing with AMP. One Japanese guy in twitter said it too.

fw10000 twitter 01.PNG

Dec 24, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #100 of 1,217
@BlinkST : I had ever owned FXT200LTD (I lost it at last). I likes its tonality but it has pretty much narrow soundstage in my opinion. FW10000+SU-AX01 is a nice combo.

Dec 25, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #101 of 1,217
今回のモデルは価格としても非常に高価で引き合いが強いのですが、何より『ダイナミック型1発』というのがポイントだと思っています。

The model of this time is also very expensive as a price and has strong inquiries, but I think that it is the point that "a dynamic type 1 departure " is a point.

この価格帯だと、BAの多数個使いハイブリッド型といったものが多いですよね。

しかし僕たちは、『ダイナミック型1発でもここまで出来る』ということを示したかった。

それを意識して聴いて頂けると幸いです。

With this price range, there are many such things as BA's multiple use and hybrid type .

However, we wanted to show that "even one dynamic type can do so far ."

I am pleased to hear it consciously.

Bold words! Basically, they believe that they can compete with the multi-BA earphones typically found in this price range, with just one dynamic driver. This was taken from an interview with E-Earphone, originally published back in October: WOODシリーズ、10周年。Victor入魂のフラッグシップモデル『HA-FW10000』開発者・北岩公彦氏インタビュー

It includes some prototype pictures as well.

Another thing that I find interesting, is the contrast between Sony and JVC: Sony has embraced multi-driver earphones, with the latest statement product being the IER-Z1R, the successor to the XBA-Z5. Long ago they had the MDR-EX1000, which was a single dynamic driver. JVC on the other hand, has stuck with one driver in their wood series.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #102 of 1,217
Bold words! Basically, they believe that they can compete with the multi-BA earphones typically found in this price range, with just one dynamic driver. This was taken from an interview with E-Earphone, originally published back in October: WOODシリーズ、10周年。Victor入魂のフラッグシップモデル『HA-FW10000』開発者・北岩公彦氏インタビュー

It includes some prototype pictures as well.

Another thing that I find interesting, is the contrast between Sony and JVC: Sony has embraced multi-driver earphones, with the latest statement product being the IER-Z1R, the successor to the XBA-Z5. Long ago they had the MDR-EX1000, which was a single dynamic driver. JVC on the other hand, has stuck with one driver in their wood series.
Z5 was like 500usd and the z1r is 2000 usd? I demoed the 10000 and z1r and owned two z5s. 10000 > Z5 > Z1r.

Dec 26, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #103 of 1,217
I redemoed the z1r, U18 , Hifiman 2000 , Solaris, and a few Fitear iems and hands down the jvc sounded the best. Seperation, details, dynamics, tone, depth, sound stage goes to the jvc 10000.

Dec 26, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #104 of 1,217
I redemoed the z1r, U18 , Hifiman 2000 , Solaris, and a few Fitear iems and hands down the jvc sounded the best. Seperation, details, dynamics, tone, depth, sound stage goes to the jvc 10000.

Interesting, so you’re joining @audionewbi in saying this one is a special IEM for sure!
The major downside is sourcing this baby... so JVC Malaysia ships abroad but aside from that any other option?

Dec 26, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #105 of 1,217
Interesting, so you’re joining @audionewbi in saying this one is a special IEM for sure!
The major downside is sourcing this baby... so JVC Malaysia ships abroad but aside from that any other option?
Well in Hong Kong we are able to demo the JVC but cant buy it yet. We can place an order and get it in Jan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back