Vibro Labs Introduction, USA tour, and Head-Fi discount!
Jun 28, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #92 of 344
Just finished up a pair for @pkcpga
. I have to say, this transitional grain is gorgeous. I would normally grade the top burl higher than the bottom straight grain, but the character provided by the transition is second to none. A truly amazing chunk of wood.

This is what I do, guys!

The magic buck strikes again

Jun 29, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #96 of 344
Here's a plot twist for you guys. It's not always about burl. Exhibition grade wood comes in many figures. This one is straight grain, courtesy of the brilliant Arizona Ironwood.

Aria x Ironwood, made for @ustinj

Those are brilliant. They look stunning! Thank you again, for the pictures.

Jul 1, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #99 of 344
Hey everyone, I didn't forget about you!

4th of July weekend is in full swing, so I will announce the tour lineup as soon as I have a moment.

Just to be clear, tour signup is now CLOSED!

Can't wait to see where our lucky spots are in the lineup!

Jul 2, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #101 of 344
Ordered mine this week and I can't wait to see them and can't wait to hear them...........Luke the wait is killin me!

Jul 2, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #103 of 344
W
what finish you go far? Congrats

Buckeye universal.  After he posted the last pictures with that orange grain, with the discount and then he changed his return policy, I had to.  These and my Nova's will have to do a head to head comparison to see who is the winner!!!!  Atlas for the bass, Nova for everything else and where will these fit in?

Jul 3, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #104 of 344
Buckeye universal.  After he posted the last pictures with that orange grain, with the discount and then he changed his return policy, I had to.  These and my Nova's will have to do a head to head comparison to see who is the winner!!!!  Atlas for the bass, Nova for everything else and where will these fit in?
I have the buckeye burl universal. These put out some serious high quality through every frequency, where they may fit in, is that they might replace the others altogether lol. They are very versatile, good purchase

Jul 3, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #105 of 344
I've had mine since Thursday now, I've been playing them with the dfb or my grado amp. With the dfb these buds have some serious bass for balance armature IEM's. They sound warm but still have good extension on the highs. Female vocals are very good and most male vocals are also very good. Only time I've heard a little bit of a hidden male voical is when their is a lot of bass going on and the male voice is very deep then sometimes the male voice falls a little behind all the bass. I did switch the cables from the stock one to my stock cable from my nobles and with the nobles stock cable cleans up the bass and deeper male voices do separate much better even if one is not more present than the other, the more complex or deeper bass does not overshadow the voice. So far the aria are very enjoyable and offer something my Noble savant's can not produce, deeper bass while still having very nice detailed mids and highs. Breath sounds are more present and rapid symbol sounds have a truer sound rather than a clicking sound. Great job Luke in creating a Iem that has good bass and still has great detail present. I do recommend using a DAC with the Aria, it does make a big difference in tonal range and giving the Aria a much more open sound verse playing the Aria straight through your iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back