Vibrating Headphones
Nov 8, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #3 of 24
LMAO, I think I know what you mean. You might want to check out Sony XB700s, those can be considered "vibrating" headphones, although you might want to rephrase your question. I sense a lot of jokes coming this way lol.

You mean headphones with enough low frequency output that they make your ears feel vibrations, right?

Those can be had for around 60 dollars, and you won't need an amp to drive them properly.

Nov 8, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #4 of 24

Quote:
LMAO, I think I know what you mean. You might want to check out Sony XB700s, those can be considered "vibrating" headphones, although you might want to rephrase your question. I sense a lot of jokes coming this way lol.

You mean headphones with enough low frequency output that they make your ears feel vibrations, right?

Those can be had for around 60 dollars, and you won't need an amp to drive them properly.

You're a better man than I.

Nov 8, 2010 at 5:49 AM Post #5 of 24
Not recommending OP to get these but... these are vibrating headphones.

http://www.amazon.com/General-Electric-JASHO97745-Vibration-Headphones/dp/B000069J99

I've seen them before in stores, they vibrate with the bass. I'd say here isn't a great place to ask since the general interest here is audio perfectionism.

Nov 10, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #6 of 24

Quote:
Vibrating headphones? What like massaging headphones?? Awesome! Listen to music and get an ear massage at the same time.

Yes vibrating headphones. No they do not massage your ears (well their not made for that reason).

Quote:

As good as those headphones sound they are not vibrating headphones (as far as I could tell by using google).
Strong base are not what makes vibrating headphones vibrate.
Vibrating headphones vibrate using the same technology that makes your XBOX360 controller or cellphone vibrate.
If you do not know how this works I suggest that you read this.
The vibration created greatly enhances the bass.

Quote:
Not recommending OP to get these but... these are vibrating headphones.

http://www.amazon.com/General-Electric-JASHO97745-Vibration-Headphones/dp/B000069J99

I've seen them before in stores, they vibrate with the bass. I'd say here isn't a great place to ask since the general interest here is audio perfectionism.

Yes I have looked at those before but everywhere they seem to be sold out (possibly not even in production anymore).

Nov 10, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #9 of 24

Quote:
You're a better man than I.

Next time I might just take some nice jabs at funny posts. I tried to interpret the post and ended up getting a small lecture on "vibrating" technology and how it is implemented in elmo dolls.
I didn't know headphones had rumble-features like video-game controllers
L3000.gif
, and I remain skeptic about headphones that vibrate to enhance bass response. If anything, it would only give the illusion of "bass" by vibrating on the areas around the ear --allowing people to "feel bass", but not necessarily hearing it.

Nov 10, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #10 of 24
There's such thing as vibrating headphones?? Oh wait yar...one of those dumb skull candy headphones  XD

Nov 10, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #13 of 24
Wow, troll much?

If this is serious, do you honestly expect to come to the most comprehensive headphone forum/site on the internet and try to tell US what enhances the bass with headphones?  Vibrating headphones do nothing to enhance anything except your Tylenol usage.  Take it from us, go buy these headphones:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WN9PLK/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0009FBZ8W&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=06832HF2FWV32MFMV46P

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Studio-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000ULAP4U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1289402901&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Labs-EF0060-Aurvana-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1289403150&sr=8-1-catcorr

Nov 10, 2010 at 11:29 AM Post #14 of 24
I hate to break this to you, but none of the vibrating headphones that I've ever listened to produce any real bass response at all whatsoever. And what "bass" they reproduce tends to run all over the mids and highs, making the entire sound unbearably muddy (and the headphones often vibrate even if the actual sound is entirely made of treble). Worst of all, the only settings those vibrating headphones offer are bass that completely overpower everything else or absolutely no low end whatsoever. The result? Their sound quality is either way, way, way too muddy or no better than freebie stock portable player earbuds.

Nov 10, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #15 of 24
The only headphone i've had where I felt the earpad was vibrating was on the D2000 on very bass heavy music. It's a bit strange to have that happen. I also don't think it's mids are as recessed as people make them out to be. They're perfectly fine to me and i'm extremely picky about recessed mids. Maybe I got a good pair! It's one headphone I thought i'd hate but like quite a bit. Totally not my usual sound signature!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back