Vibrapods Review
Nov 20, 2001 at 3:28 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
I just ordered a set from Audioadvisor.com. $24 for a set of four. Think they would help under a tube amp?

Bob
rolleyes.gif

I use a custom base of oak and sorbothane under my ASL Waves and this seems to provide increased clarity to the midrange. I believe the improvement may depend on the transformer isolation (unless its OTL) and chassis damping on the amp. The vibrapods help my Adcoms with their big old toroids. I may get brave and open them up one of these days to apply some internal resonance control. Assuming I need another project.

Nov 20, 2001 at 8:02 PM Post #19 of 24
As it just so happens, I have a spare set of the vibrapods that are the exact correct version to support the 333. I'd been meaning to break them out, but had avoided it because, the thing with the pods is, they have to be situated just so under the feet of your unit. Because of the way my rack is, access is poor and it's a bitch getting them all lined up.

Anyway, I just did it and I'll let you know if I think they helped with my 333. In any case I'm pretty skeptical about how much difference they make, in part because A/B comparisons are impossible to do, given my situation above.

markl

Nov 20, 2001 at 11:00 PM Post #20 of 24
Quick update.

So I had been just casually listening to my phones for a few hours while doing some business, kind of distracted. Then I started to notice the sound seemed "clearer" somehow. I was thinking, maybe my 333 has just reached a new level of "broken-in-ness" when I remembered about the pods. I had totally forgotten about putting them down.

Very interesting. They certainly haven't damaged the sound, that's for sure. Color me surprised.

markl

Nov 20, 2001 at 11:31 PM Post #21 of 24
Hmm, thinking about ordering some of these Vibras for my 9000ES...do you guys replace the original feet or just shove these in around the bottom center of the unit and leave the stock feet on? Or do you put these under the stock feet?

And what model should I be getting? I noticed at Audioadivisor that each model has an optimal weight level...and the 9000ES weighs around 28lbs total.

Nov 21, 2001 at 12:56 AM Post #22 of 24
Model 2s will work for you Vert. It's $24 well spent.

My 333ES is just on a desk, so I can change the feet on/off really quickly, so I can sort of do A/B tests. The change for me was really dramatic. BTW, I found it really easy to get them under the stock feet.

Nov 21, 2001 at 3:29 AM Post #23 of 24
I use four model 3's under my 333. I went with the threes since I have a "top clamp" on the 333 so that exerts a little extra downward force on the pods. I also removed the stock feet before I inserted the vibrapods since it sits up too high for my taste with the pods under the stock feet.

Nov 21, 2001 at 3:46 AM Post #24 of 24
oh man, I already ordered the model 2's and now Morphsci just reminds me of having something on top...I have an MD deck that sits on top the 9000 which adds a good 10lbs on! I ordered from amusicdirect, hopefully I can still switch to model 3s? I don't see any email address anywhere on their site...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back