Very Cool Super.fi 5Pro Custom Molds (Pic)
Feb 23, 2006 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

xluben

500+ Head-Fier
I typed in "Super.fi 5 Pro" into Google images and this comes up on the first page:

ue301.jpg

They looks awesome! I love how the entire body is inside the mold, so they don't stick out of your ear any more than normal. And the little touch of carbon fiber is nice. Google says the pic came from this site:

http://61.194.6.236/

But I can't find anything about them (it is in Japanese, so I was just blindly clicking links). They also have these, which look interesting:

sf5pc3.jpg
sf5pc4.jpg

Anyone know more about these? And does anyone know of a US distributor makes custom Super.fi (5Pro/5EB) molds that enclose the whole earpiece like that?

Feb 24, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 26
OK, I did more searching and found tons of cool pics:

ue301.jpg
ue302.jpg

spfi01.jpg

spfi02.jpg

I like them!

I hope I didn't post too many pics, but I just thought they looked cool. If you want to see more (mostly) Apple-related stuff go here:

http://61.194.6.236/past0.html

Click a link and scroll down.

One more just for fun (Sony EX51 custom molds):

er07.jpg

EDIT: OK, whoever is doing these custom molds is my hero.

If you search throug the links I've seen custom versions of all these:

Super.fi
Shure e2
Shure e3
Shure e5
Etymotic ER4
Sony EX51
and even the stock Apple buds!

It seems like some of them, he took the drivers out of their original enclosures, and some of them he just put the custom molding around the original bud.

Feb 24, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #3 of 26
Those are really nice...it almost doesn't look like the Super-fis...Someone really did a pretty nice job with those custom molds...where do we sign up?
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 20, 2006 at 6:05 PM Post #4 of 26
I'm really curious to know if anyone has any updates on this thread. I'd *love* to get some custom fitting done of my sf5p's... but depending on cost, may not at all be worth it.

Sep 20, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #6 of 26
It just looks like a bunch of custom molds for many different IEM's. You should be able to get them from an Audiologist.

EDIT: Nice to see another MN person on here also.

pink

Sep 21, 2006 at 7:24 PM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by vo328
mr56k, please do let us know how they turn out and post pics if possible. I'm really interested to see if these are really worth putting a little over $100 into.

Cheers,
-Vik

x2 I am thinking of turning my sf5p's into 5customs.. BTW since customs are also custom tuned, and the unversal + custom mold is still only tuned for the universal's straight windtunnel, so would the better seal be offset by distortion?

Sep 23, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #11 of 26
This is really cool, I wish someone in the US would do such an extensive customization job. From reading the reviews here most custom IEM tips aren't very good.

Does anyone know Japanese? I wonder if they would be willing to do this for money? I think a custom molded E500 would be awsome.

Sep 23, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #12 of 26
It looks to me like some of the custom fit molds, like the e2c e3x, EX71, and Etys are just the ones from the Earplug Store.

I can't imagine how much effort went into making those other ones though, even if they do look like they were made with hot-melt glue
wink.gif

Sep 23, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Pink57
It just looks like a bunch of custom molds for many different IEM's. You should be able to get them from an Audiologist.

EDIT: Nice to see another MN person on here also.

pink

thread back from the dead!

where from MN are you?

i don't think earplugstore or UM56's will fit the super.fi series, but correct my if i'm wrong.

i'm almost positive that last year when i contacted westone about the UM56's they said they'll only work with the small stalk, single bore earphones (etymotics, shures). the larger stalk makes them hard to fit custom sleeves on and still get a good fit in the ear, and the dual bore, going to a single (skinny) bore in the custom piece made the mids/highs sounds terrible.

but maybe they figured something out, i haven't been around here in a while.

Sep 23, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #15 of 26
I think the customs would fit super.fi but it would look extremely ugly...and uncomfortable.

maybe someone should email UE and ask for custom/SF combinations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back