Very Cool Super.fi 5Pro Custom Molds (Pic)
Sep 23, 2006 at 3:33 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Negative Design
I think the customs would fit super.fi but it would look extremely ugly...and uncomfortable.

maybe someone should email UE and ask for custom/SF combinations.

i have talked to UE about customs for the super.fi's and they're wholeheartedly against it. they were designed to be universal and their customs are designed to be custom. if you want a custom fit go to their custom lineup.

at least that's their opinion.

Sep 23, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by xluben
i have talked to UE about customs for the super.fi's and they're wholeheartedly against it. they were designed to be universal and their customs are designed to be custom. if you want a custom fit go to their custom lineup.

at least that's their opinion.

I had a feeling they would say that
frown.gif

well it does make sense though,if they sold they SF series with custom options it would probably tamper with the true custom sales.
Their lowest Custom item is 525$ right? if you add the higher sound quality and and custom fittings etcs its a good deal,better than making the inferior SF series custom without the added sound upgrade.

My dream is to one day own the UE10 though...I don't see that happening for several years though lol.

Sep 23, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

where from MN are you?

I am in St. Paul

pink

Sep 23, 2006 at 7:25 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

triple x!

(whever it comes out)
frown.gif

triple whA? whats that? a newer model?

Sep 26, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #22 of 26
I was thinking about this earlier today... if UE decided to come out with some type of custom mold for sf5p's, not as "nice" as their custom line, it would make a great stepping stone for an upsell opportunity to their super.fi line of customers, no? It seems we are always upgrading anyhow....
blink.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #23 of 26
I'm off to Japan in a few weeks, so I decided to contact the guy who does these custom molds.

He said that he can do a full custom mold for my e500s (but he said that would void the warranty
biggrin.gif
).

We really didn't discuss price too much, but he did say around 18,000 Yen. I'm not sure though if he meant that it was for a custom tip, or the full custom mold? Something was lost in translation.

He works in Ginza and I have an appointment with him to do the impressions on Feb 13th and then I pick them up on the 16th.

If anyone is interested I will ask him when I'm there if he would do overseas orders by mail.

Jan 28, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunbar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let us know how it works out and be sure to post pics. I would like to know if he will do mailorder.

18,000 yen is only about $150 USD.

me too. would love to hear how the customs for your e500 turn out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back