Venturing into the dark side..
Dec 12, 2004 at 8:33 AM Post #46 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
Majorly off topic... but...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

C'mon Eagle... you can't leave me... I don't even really do portables anymore... (apart from listening to my ipod for 3-4 hours per day, but that is irrelevant
wink.gif
)

Anyway.. I'm sure you've got your reasons... and - thanks for your time, effort, and help.. Much Appreciated.

Cheers!

Duncan.

Okay, I'm just no longer moderating. But I will still post here in the Head-Fi forums as a "regular" member. Thus, I won't be missed.
smily_headphones1.gif

But then again, there's no turning back from the dark side of the iPod...
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 12, 2004 at 8:53 AM Post #47 of 50
Glad to hear that you'll still be sticking around Eagle
smily_headphones1.gif

As to the ipod... you're right, I must admit that I really don't post in the portable forum as much as I used to / as much as I should these days, but that doesn't mean that i'm not happy with it... Compared to (as you said in your own case) lugging around a Discman (admittedly NON MP3), discs etc etc... the iPod is pure bliss
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2004 at 9:07 AM Post #48 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Apparently the audio out is 'dirtier' than the 3G. That's all that's been said to me, from someone who I can trust has looked into it in thorough detail. Fascinating about the batteries. I've not had a single iPod for long enough for it's batteries to start degrading, but your experience certainly seems to blow the battery naysayers out of the water.

Mine, after 15 months, is now struggling to hold a 4 hour charge, playing 128 AAC files. A month ago, it held a nearly-full charge.

I kept mine plugged in often, and that's quite likely a contributing factor - keeping batteries charged constantly is nearly as bad as keeping them empty constantly. But, others got luckier than I did.

FWIW, my AluBook's battery died at the same time. When new, I could go well over four hours on a charge, sometimes breaking five. Now, an hour's pushing it.

I'm not an iPod naysayer - I still love mine. I just wish the battery were easily replaced. But my Newer Tech battery is on order, and holy cow I'm getting off topic...

Dec 12, 2004 at 9:41 AM Post #49 of 50
I don't think keeping batteries charged constantly is the problem, it's constantly charging them... like often over night, etc.

Dec 13, 2004 at 3:19 AM Post #50 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
I don't think keeping batteries charged constantly is the problem, it's constantly charging them... like often over night, etc.

Really? I thought I'd read that that wasn't a problem for li-ions. I'm curious now because my Zen Touch is on the way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back