VentureCraft GO-DAP: Design Ingenuity Makes An Awesome iPhone Rig
Dec 31, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #61 of 80
This really does sound like a good match for iphone!
I'm thinking to purchase a 100-600$ portable amp
and this is on my list now
def worth considering
and thanks for the thorough review, Jude

Dec 31, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #62 of 80

Quote:

I disagree that there is any sound of sails on this track ( and the rendering with the ES5 is pretty detailed). Great track though. All of the thunder and rain tracks are good. Jude, I do hope that you will start that dedicated Naturespace thread. I am already heavily invested in this (damn you!) and would love a place to share track reviews. :)

You are right I went back and listened really close and there we a couple of spots that faintly might have been a sail or flag in the breeze or a wave but "Aegir" very definately has lots of creaking timber from a boat in it.

Jan 2, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #64 of 80
I saw the ad for this on the front page.
beyersmile.png
I think its a slick ad for the GO-DAP. After listening to this amp longer I really feel like its a winner. Sure there are better out there but for my needs it is fantastic. It does what it says it will do nicely and improves the sound of my music in a sweet package that is almost as well thought out as the IPhone itself. I cant wait to get my JH16's later this month to test things further.

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #65 of 80
what a great review. thank you. I like the design of the unit as well as the added bonus of charging the iPhone. it definite has a few tricks on other solutions that only take the LOD source out. i do see the value of it...but I just need better sonic performance. I am going to be saving for a higher performing (sonically) solution.

Jan 11, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #66 of 80

Pictures at CES2011 and New product announcement!

VentureCraft revealed the new product for iPhone4 at CES
The new product for iPhone 4 is loaded with digital amp.
-Optical output capability
-DAC functionality
-Digital amp up to a max 96kHz/24bit
-Quick switch between 48kHz and 96kHz
-Built-in high capacity battery
-Dual Burr-Brown operating amps
Connect your iPhone4 to your home audio through GD-04’s optical cable to change your iPhone into a music server!

Gadgetsteria
http://gadgetsteria.com/2011/01/08/ces2011-the-mobile-iphone-4-headphone-amp-and-battery-charger-by-go-dap/go-dap-iphone4-4/

Promotion Video 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYNIBcpyOA4

Thanks!

VentureCraft

Jan 12, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #67 of 80
Thats cool but what i dont understand is WHY you dont make a version for IPOD TOUCH ? or at least a piece of plastic to adapt the GO DAP size to different gen of ipod touch or iphone ? 
You make an Amp to listen to music and out of the box it work with PHONE but not with IPOD ? it would be so much easy i think to make some plastic adaptator so we can use it with different size of ipod... 

Jan 18, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #68 of 80
here is my review on the iphone 3gs GO-DAP

VentureCraft's GO-DAP

Some time ago I was wondering any company could came up with a headphone amp like a battery case on my iPhone 3GS, weeks later I saw this gadget by VentureCraft's , the GO-DAP. The GO-DAP is a high powered phone-charger and external amplifier which connects directly to your iPhone 3GS.

and I got a set of GO-DAP and here is my review

Looks:
Attached with iPhone 3GS, it looks like a Walkie Talkie, Gundam like; very Japanese style of design. High Quality built, though it still looks like an expensive toy. It may look bulky, but it is actually pretty light.

At the bottom there is a battery check indicator and a charging indicator. The mini usb port for charging

At the top, there is a 3 way mini switch, off, amplifier mode, charging and amplifier mode. The Volume knob.

The Thickness is still reasonable; I could put it in my front side pocket of my pants. Jeans is a No-No. I do hope they came with a pouch or a belt holster.

Functionality:

Charging indicators work as promised.

Battery charges the iPhone 3GS well, I could full charge from 10% to 100% on a 3G network with minimum usage.

I couldn't talk on the phone when using with the GO-DAP, I have to plug the IEM to the iPhone's headphone output, before I could hear the conversation. Is abit troublesome here

Sound:
I used the Sennheiser IE8, Ultimate Ears Triplefi10,  Audeze LCD-2 for reference and Sennheiser HD650

Jazz at the Pawnshop (K2HD), Camomile Extra (HQCD) by Emi Fujita and Lamusique (K2HD) by George Lam. All ripped in apple lossless with dbpoweramp.

No Hiss, when using IEM.

Jazz sound mellow on GO-DAP, musical separation is good, nice vocal with no sibilance. I suspect there is a drop in the 2-3K region hence the smooth vocal is very pleasing to the ears.

Details is excellent, I could feel George Lam voice vibrate.

Audeze LCD-2 was an ease to drive, it does not shine the LCD-2 but offers a better quality sound than the iPhone 3GS output. The Bass is tighter and the details was there.

Sennheiser HD650, needed to turn up the volume up, but the volume saturated and I can’t find the details I got from Audeze LCD-2.

Pros :
  1. No use of interconnect, straight forward path from the iPhone, less spent on interconnects and more manageable
  2. Built in battery, charges iPhone too
  3. Good Headphone Amplifier

Cons:

1. Occasion Noise Interference, when network search for signal or switch of network
  2. Bulky
  3. Unable to talk on the phone with GO-DAP
  4. Battery Life short. Though there is Built in battery, the use of both charging and amplifier is not advisable. You can end up with a fully charged iPhone, but a flat amplifier.

Hope to see on future VentureCraft product:
  1. A Thinner design
  2. Digital Volume, this will definitely save some space for a thinner design.
  3. More Powerful Amplifier for high impedance headphones
  4. Ability to charge and sync together on PC
  5. An adapter to use with other apple product, eg. iPod Touch all generations and iPhone all generations

Conclusion:
I am a on the go person and a very realistic person, portability and performance must come together. Overall performance is good, but portability is not there. Battery charging is a plus point, but is meaningless when battery is flat, when I can’t even use the iPhone to power the Amp portion.

Overall is a very affordable amp, as compared to price like ibasso t4 or fiio e7.

Lots of Photos:

Jan 19, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #72 of 80
The more I use my GO-DAP the more impressed I am becoming with it. Its battery life seems to be longer now that its had a few charge/discharge cycles. The sound stage has mellowed and lost some of the bass boost it had at first. Overall its become a nice addition to my music. I cant wait to hear my JH16's with this. Unfortunately I have to wait another week or so for my 16s to arrive(just ordered today).

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #73 of 80

Quote:
The more I use my GO-DAP the more impressed I am becoming with it. Its battery life seems to be longer now that its had a few charge/discharge cycles. The sound stage has mellowed and lost some of the bass boost it had at first. Overall its become a nice addition to my music. I cant wait to hear my JH16's with this. Unfortunately I have to wait another week or so for my 16s to arrive(just ordered today).

Which earphone did you pair it with? I found it to have more differences when paired with the ESW9 and EW9, rather than the TF10. I will see if it does anything to the 1964-Q.

Jan 24, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #74 of 80

Quote:
Quote:
Good review, Kingu.

(That packaging is hilarious. Apparently afros are back. Nice sideburns too.)

Afro is definitely back. Drats, this guy missed the sideburns.

Hi, there

He does not represent VentureCraft…

The afro guy is actually the manager at a headphone store in Osaka, Japan.  He knows exactly what he is good with!
If you have a change to come over to Osaka, you got to go to eEarphone at Nipponbashi.
The place is the Shangrila of the head gears!

Thanks,

VentureCraft

Jan 26, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #75 of 80

Quote:
Quote:

Which earphone did you pair it with? I found it to have more differences when paired with the ESW9 and EW9, rather than the TF10. I will see if it does anything to the 1964-Q.

ATM its paired with some Shure SE 530s with Sensaphonics silicone custom earpieces. Should get my JH16Pros soon though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back