VentureCraft GO-DAP: Design Ingenuity Makes An Awesome iPhone Rig
Dec 23, 2010 at 9:09 AM Post #31 of 80
I am seeing that it is designed for the iPhone 3G - noob question - will it fit a first gen iTouch?

Dec 23, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #32 of 80

Quote:
I am seeing that it is designed for the iPhone 3G - noob question - will it fit a first gen iTouch?

It should be able to but maybe with a little space in between.

Dec 24, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #35 of 80
Yeah the GO-DAP is $199 US but that included shipping. Mine that I just ordered already cleared customs. Might have it as early as Monday as fast as it's been moving. The rep Hana Takano that I have dealt with has been super nice and very prompt in his replies. Absolutely stoked about getting this amp. Absolutely love the customer service so far!!

Dec 25, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #36 of 80

Quote:
Yeah the GO-DAP is $199 US but that included shipping. Mine that I just ordered already cleared customs. Might have it as early as Monday as fast as it's been moving. The rep Hana Takano that I have dealt with has been super nice and very prompt in his replies. Absolutely stoked about getting this amp. Absolutely love the customer service so far!!

From what I know, the promotion of 199 USD including shipping lasts only until Christmas.

Dec 25, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #38 of 80
i live in Japan and iam really interested in that amp... 
I though about getting an iBasso T3D but that go dap is tempting and more easy to get for me :) 
I would be using it with an iTouch 4g so there will be space of course... but well i can put something in between... 

I wonder if it would go well with a pair of Westone 3... if someone try it or have some though about it iam interested :) 
I did not yet bought the W3 and iam look at the SONY MDR EX800ST, they are 16ohm and sensitivity of 108db... would it go well with the go dap ? i would like it to not already blast my ears at most low volume lol or would the westone be better for that... 

Dec 26, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #39 of 80
I 've had the goDap for about a week now , It is a sleek looking battery charger but as far as sound quality goes it is nothing special , as a mater of fact it doesn't sound any better that that on the iPhone . I have tried it with my UM2 and W3's with UM 56 tips and my Shure 840's . I haven't tried it with my HD 600's yet because i don't have the step down adaptor so i can't really say if it will power them . My only other experience with HeadPhone amps is  a K.I.C.A.S. desk top amp  that really makes all of my headphones shine . 

Dec 27, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #40 of 80
ah really ? 
interesting you have the Westone 3 and i plan on ordering them today so your feedback about their sound with that amp is interesting... 
I wondered if amp was really necessary for them... so it seem not, or at least that amp....
Any one have experience of iBasso T3 with the westone 3 and ipod touch ? 
thanks a lot... 

Dec 27, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #41 of 80
WOW my GO-DAP just arrived... They shipped it on the 22 of Dec from Japan and it got here today the 27th.... Just barely missed Christmas. Charging it up now. Its lighther than I expected it to be based on the reviews but still seems to be high quality and built well. Will give a review later. :)

Dec 27, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #43 of 80
I installed my iPhone 3Gs into the GoDap and volume matched them both , I plugged my W3's into the GoDap and then would swap it directly into My iPhone , I did not notice any significant difference in the sound , I went ahead did the same thing through higher and higher volume levels with the exactly the same results . Another problem i had is that when a phone call comes in i hear the ringing but a can't hear the people on the other end talking unless i disconnect the plug from the go Dap and then plug it directly into my iPhone . Who knows , Maybe i got a dud !!

Dec 27, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #44 of 80
If you ordered the W3's do your self a favour and order the UM56's , I have the um2's and the w3's and had problems getting the right fit for both , The sound went from crappy to pretty sweet depending on the tip that i used , when i installed the 56's i realized just how good the Westones really are. My next set of head phones will be a set of custom's for sure .

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #45 of 80
 I have to say I am very surprised you notice no sound difference I sure did. I noticed that you get best quality sound if you turn off the Iphones internal EQ. I think its a pretty fantastic little unit for what it is and what it does. Sure you can get a better amp or dock or battery charger but for an all in one this little unit rocks......

As I said earlier I thought the unit felt a little light but the quality is top notch build wise. Everything is solid and put together well. Lots of thought went into the build of the unit. The volume knob is very solid feeling and boy does it crank out the volume( with my shure se 530s I can only get about 30% volume before its too loud for my ears). I think the included USB cable( about 1 foot long) is a tad bit short for my taste but thats easily fixed. Instructions for use are very easy to understand and the overall workings are simple and efficient.

Sound quality to me was way better than the headphone out once I turned the internal EQ off on my Iphone. There did to me seem to be a little more emphasis on the bass side of things but not overly so or even enough to complain about(always felt there wasnt enough bass from the Shures anyway). I tend to listen to many genres of music and for the most part there was improvement in almost all the songs I played.

This amp seemed to prefer techno and electronica although it played some of my bluegrass with surprising life(Dueling Banjos in particular sounded fuller and more life like). Sadly some of my Beatles tracks lost some of their clarity in some of the stuff going on in the background sounds( Sgt Peppers, Ob-La-Di, etc...) in areas but in others it was more clear and focused.  Yet Johhny Cash's Folsom Prison Blues had almost the opposite effect( all the background noise was super clear). Not sure how to explain it really since I am not a huge audiophile...Cymbals and drums seemed to be more distinct and alive. I am very glad I bought this amp. I do think it can expose the weaknesses of your source tracks( some of the purchased itunes tracks had flaws not noticeable on the headphone out) but with good quality Applelossless stuff it was wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back