[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Nov 13, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #7,202 of 7,442
I have 2 monk espresso, one of the first productionand one of the last. The sound is very different....the first has a timbric more bassy, more coiivolgent and involving, with a cut and a less detail on the high, the new one sound muore neutral and open...very strange...someone has notice something similar?

Nov 13, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #7,203 of 7,442
I have 2 monk espresso, one of the first productionand one of the last. The sound is very different....the first has a timbric more bassy, more coiivolgent and involving with some kind of music , with a moderate cut and a less detail on the high frequencies, the new one sound more neutral and open. Like one expect according to the reviews..very strange...has someone notice something similar?or it is only a case or a single different exemplar ?

Nov 14, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #7,204 of 7,442
I have 2 monk espresso, one of the first productionand one of the last. The sound is very different....the first has a timbric more bassy, more coiivolgent and involving, with a cut and a less detail on the high, the new one sound muore neutral and open...very strange...someone has notice something similar?

I have heard that ve and other earbuds need a bit to "break/burn in" perhaps its just still new...

I have 4 monk plus and an original monk, but with different cables, so I don't expect them to sound exactly the same and for me they don't

Nov 22, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #7,206 of 7,442
Just receive my very own ve monk plus. I think im just surprise as anyone else here but the feeling is like reminds me earbud era... i always look up at sennheiser mx series. Some point of time, i felt the sound signature reminds me the sennheiser’s mx series..but ve monk is different. I remmber when i max out my source, sennheiser distort easily. But with ve monk is still tolerable and pleasant in my ears..

In short, this ve monk makes you feel and reminds you the earbud era.. how good it sounds during that era

Nov 28, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #7,207 of 7,442
So... I ended up taking the plunge on the last massdrop of the Monk+ and I guess I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong regarding fit. I got the Ex Pack and have a billion foam things, a couple of rings in white and black, and a couple of ear wings. I've tried almost every concievable combination, but feel like I'm still missing the sound everyone is talking about. The real b#&@h of it is that if I push the buds closer to my ear canals suddenly the mids and bass fill in and I hear some really amazing sound, but I can't seem to figure out how to get that without just holding them in my ears. I feel like if it was possible to make IEMs out of these they would sound incredible.

Any suggestions, or do ear buds just not work for me?

Nov 28, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #7,208 of 7,442
Earbuds aren't really about trying to get the kind of seal you're talking about. The closest some get is put on full foams, then put on donut foams over them in order to create a better seal. You have to keep in mind these are $5 earbuds that outperform what $30 could get you a few years ago. It's beauty is to show you how much things have improved.

Nov 28, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #7,209 of 7,442
Earbuds aren't really about trying to get the kind of seal you're talking about. The closest some get is put on full foams, then put on donut foams over them in order to create a better seal. You have to keep in mind these are $5 earbuds that outperform what $30 could get you a few years ago. It's beauty is to show you how much things have improved.

It's hard to accept that when you can push them in closer and hear the potential of what the sound could be! :D

That said, I'm VERY impressed with the clarity, transparency, and imaging. Pretty incredible considering the cost.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #7,212 of 7,442
So... I ended up taking the plunge on the last massdrop of the Monk+ and I guess I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong regarding fit. I got the Ex Pack and have a billion foam things, a couple of rings in white and black, and a couple of ear wings. I've tried almost every concievable combination, but feel like I'm still missing the sound everyone is talking about. The real b#&@h of it is that if I push the buds closer to my ear canals suddenly the mids and bass fill in and I hear some really amazing sound, but I can't seem to figure out how to get that without just holding them in my ears. I feel like if it was possible to make IEMs out of these they would sound incredible.

Any suggestions, or do ear buds just not work for me?

Wait up hmm i find it interesting to listen to retro songs like abba especially. Imo i find the instrument use in the song is very detail. Soundstage is pretty good wide as far as i can compare with other iem like shure 215..

Dec 2, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #7,213 of 7,442
Dear Monk Plus community, I absolutely adore the Monk Plus sound. This made me sell many of my audio gears. However, sometimes the big face of the bud seem uncomfortable. So I want to get another pair of earphones/ iems that have similar sound signature as Monk Plus but with better sub-bass extension. Price <$100. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

Dec 2, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #7,214 of 7,442
Dear Monk Plus community, I absolutely adore the Monk Plus sound. This made me sell many of my audio gears. However, sometimes the big face of the bud seem uncomfortable. So I want to get another pair of earphones/ iems that have similar sound signature as Monk Plus but with better sub-bass extension. Price <$100. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

Try asking on the earbud thread? The Yuin PK shell earbuds are smaller and are generally more comfortable for most ppl.

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #7,215 of 7,442
It's hard to accept that when you can push them in closer and hear the potential of what the sound could be! :D

That said, I'm VERY impressed with the clarity, transparency, and imaging. Pretty incredible considering the cost.
Yes, the shells are a bit larger than some other earbud shells, so may not be the best for some ears. I have a tragus piercing in one ear, so fit can be a challenge. I find that I get the best fit if I put the shells in my ear comfortably, then push down rather than in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back