[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Nov 22, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #377 of 7,442
Hmmm. Why does my tracking say my Monk was delivered today at 12:58PM. Odd that it says front door/porch if it is an international letter size it would fit in the box easy as I have a larger mailbox. Figure they scanned it but didn't deliver yet but then why distinguish between mailbox and front door. Either way it isn't there atm :frowning2:

Nov 23, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #379 of 7,442
   Damn.

I was not expecting a cable like this, it's better than some fullsized I have seen :p very impressive right there ( silky smooth , 2 bonded channel leads )
Threw on the red foams and got out the Ihifi 812V2 player ( high gain ).

First 30 seconds I uncontrollably let out a laugh, which rarely happens.

The last time I remember doing that it ended up becoming one of my favourite fullsized headphones! ( good times ahead )
Off for a nice late night walk.

Will try the Ehoox later. Fine as-is.

So the Zen huh...  uh oh. I might be hooked, and I don't mean earhooks

Awesome dude! Glad you finally got them. That means that mine should be arriving soon as well.
beerchug.gif

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #380 of 7,442

Best 5 dollars I've ever spent. Hands down...

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #381 of 7,442

Best 5 dollars I've ever spent. Hands down...

+1000. I will write a great review tomorrow because they definitely deserve a high praise. :rolleyes:

Nov 24, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #387 of 7,442
I was thinking about getting these but I held off because.. well, if I bought every $10 (or less) iem out there, I'd be as worse off as buying a $200 crappy iem.  

But now that these are gaining so much attention, just wondering when will it be available again?

Nov 24, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #389 of 7,442
Had my Monk for a day.
biggrin.gif
They still don't totally spring to life w/o more juice. A bit polite straight out of some of my sources. I like them. They fit in just behind my Samsung and better than the E100(a step above) and Edifier(slightly). Amped the Monk are right there with the Samsung but lose to them w/o the extra juice.

Next: Zen 2.0 should be here tomorrow according to tracking.

If I get another Monk as well I'll bundle it with the Mrice and Edifier for $20 and cull the herd of buds I have now, lol.

Nov 24, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #390 of 7,442
Got my Monks today! took about a month to get them, but it was worth the wait. 

However i was hoping that they had less bass and better treble. However what you get is a very relaxing and cozy sound, bass is massive to my ears though. But compared to the Dasetn MC5 they are no way near as thick in the midrange. Still on the first day with 3-4 hours of playtime. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back