Venture Electronics Thread
Aug 25, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #572 of 759
Is a1 more bassy

More bassy than? Normal Monk? V2s?

Compared to normal Monk (which is MP5) I honestly forgot since it's been ages since I had my last normal Monk. With Monk V2s, no, V2s has punchier bass than A1. Imo this A1 goes on similar way as Monk GO that is outright flat sounding buds, but this (A1) are a little bit more lively but not to the point it become like MP5.

It is not as bass-y as V2s, but it is not as flat as Monk Go, A1 goes in between them, imo.

Aug 25, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #573 of 759

Compared to normal Monk (which is MP5) I honestly forgot since it's been ages since I had my last normal Monk. With Monk V2s, no, V2s has punchier bass than A1. Imo this A1 goes on similar way as Monk GO that is outright flat sounding buds, but this (A1) are a little bit more lively but not to the point it become like MP5.

It is not as bass-y as V2s, but it is not as flat as Monk Go, A1 goes in between them, imo.
Aww, I wish for basshead bud

Aug 25, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #574 of 759
Aww, I wish for basshead bud

It's hard, I can't really say that there is a bud for authentic bass heads, but there are two DIY drivers that IMO can bring the bass to a good level, they are 130 bery and 64 ti pinkdot

Aug 25, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #576 of 759
Have you tried the CNT 300ohm or 32ohm
Yes, CNT and DLC (300) are two drivers that are very close, CNT being ahead, DLC seems softer to me, both have good basses, rounded and deep, but not with more punch and texture than the ones I mentioned, the The problem for me with 300 DLC and CNT is that they are boring for my tastes... but both are very good.

Aug 25, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #577 of 759

This Monk A1 is a pleasure to listen to. Ever so natural, excellent vocals, great resolution and air. With the Retro dongle it synergizes really well.

If anyone is into classical/small ensemble you would be super silly to miss out on this pair when they release. I don't imagine they will be too expensive either.

Calling all timbre heads, we have a budget behemoth on our hands!

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #578 of 759
This Monk A1 is a pleasure to listen to. Ever so natural, excellent vocals, great resolution and air. With the Retro dongle it synergizes really well.

If anyone is into classical/small ensemble you would be super silly to miss out on this pair when they release. I don't imagine they will be too expensive either.

When is the A1 going to be available or is it already?

Aug 25, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #579 of 759
Aug 25, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #580 of 759

Your post has got me intrigued as classical is what I listen to, will purchase once available. Will see how they will stack up against my current favorite - Red Serratus.

Aug 26, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #581 of 759
Your post has got me intrigued as classical is what I listen to, will purchase once available. Will see how they will stack up against my current favorite - Red Serratus.

It is a very different tuning to Red Serratus with flatter bass, more low end roll off but with more organic vocals. This is very much VE house sound, being especially mid centric. Better timbre than PET driver though, imo. Red Serratus will probably beat the A1 in resolution and staging.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #582 of 759
I'm officially a Venture Electronics afficionado. This setup is such a soothing and warm listen. Not the last word in technicalities, but oh when the mood is right ... I also have a pair of Zen LL incoming which should provide a different take 🥰

20230902_175019.jpg

Sep 7, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #584 of 759
I'm officially a Venture Electronics afficionado. This setup is such a soothing and warm listen. Not the last word in technicalities, but oh when the mood is right ... I also have a pair of Zen LL incoming which should provide a different take 🥰

20230902_175019.jpg
I'm glad to see more SIE owners, because they are really great IEM-s and deserve more attention.
rm3LIeg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back