VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon
Jan 6, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #286 of 343
  I have been speaking with a VentureCraft representative over the last 2 weeks, and I was able to order those lucky bags they have on sale, 
As long as payment went through, they were able to deliver to Korea. The VC year end special bundle sale website is in Japanese,
( and me not knowing how to read Japanese ),
the VC rep was good enough to  send me an invoice to pay via Paypal. 

Should be here sometime this week. Now, I gotta get me an iphone 5S !

I must say the people at VentureCraft, or at least the person who I was communicating with was extremely helpful. 

+1 for getting the job done, quickly, and without any hassle.

Good to know.  The next time you order, you can view and item from Rakutan Japan site to load it into your history, then head over to the Global English site to order the same item from your history in English!

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #287 of 343
Just got my lucky bags with The Red Soundroid Typhoon, the iphone 5s case, the USB 7Nclass Lightning cable, and all the the goodies that came with it. The SDT looks amazing, and feels nice and solid too. Had a quick listen with the B&O  Beoplay H6, and enjoyed it very much ^^.

A quick question.

It appears that I have to bolt the case to the SDT?

If so, what kind of screwdriver do I need? and will the screws that are in the SDT be long enough to accommodate both the case and the SDT?

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #288 of 343
  Just got my lucky bags with The Red Soundroid Typhoon, the iphone 5s case, the USB 7Nclass Lightning cable, and all the the goodies that came with it. The SDT looks amazing, and feels nice and solid too. Had a quick listen with the B&O  Beoplay H6, and enjoyed it very much ^^.

A quick question.

It appears that I have to bolt the case to the SDT?

If so, what kind of screwdriver do I need? and will the screws that are in the SDT be long enough to accommodate both the case and the SDT?

It use Torx T6. No need to get a new screw. The original one will work just fine.

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #289 of 343
Now to find a Torx T6 ^^

I have been listening to the  SDT for a few hours now , using an iphone 3GS, ( hopefully, I will have in my possession an iphone 5S this weekend ) and with the Beoplay H6 , and SM64's. Most songs at 320kbs. 

I was impressed with the sound quality listening through the SDT, and thought I should compare it to just using the 3GS itself. 
What surprised me is that straight out of the 3GS, the sound was impressive, as equally impressive as listening through the SDT.

I tried to listen for subtle differences , but had a hard time finding any. ( I tried to volume match as best as possible, knowing this is not the ideal way to do it , then going from SDT to 3GS, multiple , multiple times ) 

I basically could not distinguish between the 2 of them. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that using an iphone 5s, will have more favourable results. 

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #290 of 343
Hi, Can the Soundroid Typhoon be used  purely as a DAC in addition to as a combined Amp/DAC?

Jan 18, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #291 of 343
  Hi, Can the Soundroid Typhoon be used  purely as a DAC in addition to as a combined Amp/DAC?

The headphone out is labelled as Headphone Out/Line Out/Optical Out but to use it as a line out the volume pot is still active so I'm not sure its a true line out...

What were you thinking of plugging into the back end of it?

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #292 of 343
The headphone out is labelled as Headphone Out/Line Out/Optical Out but to use it as a line out the volume pot is still active so I'm not sure its a true line out...

True, for DAC only you need to use it's optical line out as the analog out is not a line out.

Jan 19, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #293 of 343
True, for DAC only you need to use it's optical line out as the analog out is not a line out.

So the optical out can be both an analog and digital output? What is the point of having a digital output anyway?

Jan 19, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #294 of 343

I was thinking about two things-
Could it be used as a dedicated DAC, in general, and specifically, could I use it in my vehicle, iphone > soundroid > 3.5 mm to aux RCA in the back of the deck.
Right now it's a USB connection through the lousy DAC and often it won't read the iphone.

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #295 of 343
You can use it has a triple setup for another DA conversion.  For example, if your DA amp can't read DSD but the SDT can, you can use your SDT for DSD and hook it up with another DA amp for the PCM to analog decoding.

Jan 21, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #296 of 343

After coming from the Go Dap GD-03, where the iphone slips right into the amplifier, ( such a nice fit, and so convenient ) 
I found that with the SDT + 3GS, and using the original USB to 30 pin connector quite cumbersome. 
That changed once I got the 5S, and used the Venturecraft 90 degree USB to lightning connector. It made carrying the SDT much easier in my pockets.

Jan 22, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #299 of 343

Users who are viewing this thread

Back