VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon
Oct 7, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #256 of 343
Based on the inputs, the summary I can make as below about the sound quality:

SounDroid (MUSES02) >   Verza >   Go-DAP TT>  DD Socket1>  GO DAP X

So SounDroid is the best combo (DAC+ Amp) to pair with iPod Classic.

Oct 13, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #258 of 343
Greetings from Denver.
CanJam Audio fest at RMAF is almost over and lamentably  I have not met a single  headfiers at the event looking to audition the Typhoon or TT tubes from Venture Craft.
If there are any one in Denver Metro coming for RMAF, please come and check this amps.
for rest of headfiers , we offer  a chance to audition the amps at your home.
I am organizing a Tour in US /Canada.
there is already one Headfier subscribed.
Any one interested in being part of the tour, please contact Dimitri (PM/email)
 Dimitri T

Edit: The elekit vacuum tube Hybrid amp is also possibly  available for tour
cheers

Oct 26, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #259 of 343
Good news, onkyo has released an app which allows you to playback DSD and high rez files direct from your itouch devices!

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/onkyo-hf-player/id704139896?mt=8

Excited I know I am! With the release of 128 GB ipad mini I am sure in near future we will see 128 or perhaps 256 GB ipod touch. The UI looks good and should match well with portable DSD amps/dac like typhon, future looking very nice! 

Oct 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #260 of 343
  Good news, onkyo has released an app which allows you to playback DSD and high rez files direct from your itouch devices!

Excited I know I am! With the release of 128 GB ipad mini I am sure in near future we will see 128 or perhaps 256 GB ipod touch. The UI looks good and should match well with portable DSD amps/dac like typhon, future looking very nice! 

Great, I'll talk to them tomorrow at the Tokyo Headphone Festival about it.

Oct 26, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #261 of 343

My review here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/622939/the-centrance-hifi-m8-thread/3855#post_9921219

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #264 of 343
  Thank you very much. Please bring us some good news :)

Ok, I speak to both VentureCraft and Onkyo.

VentureCraft engineer will test what kind of signal that they get out from iDevice with those Onkyo app.

I speak to a person that is part of the development team that make the app and he said that without camera connector and external USB Hub (with power supply) it won't sending a higher sampling rate PCM (DoP or whatever) out from iDevices. He said that external DAC will draw too much current from iDevice and apple won't allow it.

I try those setup and connect everything to micro USB port instead of standard USB port for iDevice and I can get those blue light at 88.2 kHz on Typhoon.

If you want to ask further question, PM me and I'll give you his email.

Nov 18, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #266 of 343
Does the Soundroid Typhoon have enough power for hard to drive full sized headphones? I'm looking for a portable amp/DAC combo that is more powerful than my Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII to drive my Sennheiser HD800.

My UHA-6S.MKII is just enough for my HD800. I have to listen at max volume for very high dynamic range tracks. I'm hoping the Soundroid Typhoon would give me more volume headroom and perhaps better sound quality than my UHA-6S.MKII.

Nov 18, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #267 of 343
No, for a 300 ohms can you will only get about 8mW max power.

Nov 20, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #268 of 343
Been looking for a portable amp/dac solution for a while and I thought all that was available to US buyers was the VERZA. Now I see the SounDroid Typhoon - question is, with an iPod classic 5th gen, will this work nicely mated to JH16 and alternatively M100s? (I have no intention of using it with high-impedance sets).

GIven the source, are there better / more cost-effective alternatives? I don't want amp-only.

Nov 20, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #269 of 343
  Been looking for a portable amp/dac solution for a while and I thought all that was available to US buyers was the VERZA. Now I see the SounDroid Typhoon - question is, with an iPod classic 5th gen, will this work nicely mated to JH16 and alternatively M100s? (I have no intention of using it with high-impedance sets).

GIven the source, are there better / more cost-effective alternatives? I don't want amp-only.

Yes, or get the Sony PHA-1 for about $300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back