VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA - Crowdsourcing, Reviews, Discussions Thread!
Apr 27, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #152 of 407
  Is the price point final yet? Will it be possible to wear them as "over-the-ear" IEM's, so that they can be used on stage?

No, no price yet. And yes and no. I mean, all in ears can be worn over the ear, but judging by the fact that Val was asking about ear fins, they would probably be designed to be worn straight down.

And I wouldn't use these on stage. Given that Val has talked mostly about design and sound, I suspect that they are suited for everyday use, as is the focus of the V-MODA brand as a whole. Most of V-MODA's customers are casual to serious listeners, not performers.

I personally never recommend IEMs designed for casuals to be used on stage. They don't isolate enough compared to what is needed for stage environments. Unless you don't care about your hearing.

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #153 of 407
  Most of V-MODA's customers are casual to serious listeners, not performers.

With the exception of the DJs all of V-MODA's over-the-ear headphones are cross-marketed towards, of course...
wink.gif

Apr 28, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #154 of 407
As a performer, I prefer cans. But all venues have told me they look like alien sattelite dishes. So instead, I wear earbuds modded to be IEMs. I've tried the universal IEMs made for performance costing hundereds of dollars and always go back to modded buds.

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #156 of 407
Zn = Liquid Zinc Metallo
The pricepoint for "Zn" will be $150-200 we feel but it could fight with any $300 easily;.  It competes with products multiple times the price. Zn is made of ZINC and it is very difficult to build, but the groundbreaking tuned sound, QC, design and feel is out of this world for an in-ear sub $500.

Forza
Forza will be a lot different now. I'll try to leak more intel.

One thing is the cable is un-tangable, it is brilliant.  And the product is solid yet light.  It is a stunner...

More to come!

-V

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #157 of 407
I've been just about to pull the trigger on the RE-600 from Hifiman for months. Now I find out that the Zn competes directly against it?! You're making this really hard for me! :)

Fingers crossed for full android compatibility...

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #158 of 407
Zn is the best sounding and durable IE we have made and it took years to perfect the balance. Its also like its bigger brother in being versatile for in-home, on street and even mixing and producing  music.

At 150-180 range and both android/ipone compatibility it is a no brainer.  We have 60 day trail period, but nobody uses it!

I'll try to make it presale soon as it hits MP.

i know you will be blown away by the sound.  One of our teammates owns a IE800 and says he prefers Zn!

Cheers,

Val Kolton

May 4, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #161 of 407
I actually do not like the hexagonal earpads of my XS. I break a lot of cans and transfer the drivers to new housings. However, these cans are built like a tank and things that break other cans, these things laugh at. Plus Vmoda has that great replacement policy. Even if they break, vmoda will send me a new pair at a discounted price if I smash the old pair to smithereens. Love the sound. Used to hate the fit, but over time, they slowly conformed to my head.

May 12, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #162 of 407
Photoshoot Finished
Photoshoots are always an exciting time during the product lifecycle as it signifies that the product and packaging is perfectly ready for high resolution photography.  

We had the photoshoot for Zn last week and it turned out quite amazing...

Here is a "hero composition" image teaser, more to come!

-V

Users who are viewing this thread

Back