VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA - Crowdsourcing, Reviews, Discussions Thread!
Feb 22, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #136 of 407
Yeah they have a lot of great qualities, but I'd love for them to make a full-sized set with a sound signature closer to that of the XS, whose sound has a ton of potential that is completely lost to me being in that form factor.

Feb 23, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #138 of 407
  Preach! That has always been my only complaint about the M-100. It is honestly the only reason that I do not own a pair. I love how small they fold up and the comfort is great. The sound quality is great. The isolation could be better. But the mids sound so distant and awkward to me and I just can't do that to myself for a few hundred dollars.

I couldn't wait and bought a pair of M100's last week. Although now, there is a terrible distortion in my left ear cup. Swapped cables and plugged into the other side and still have the distortion on the left side. I just emailed Vmoda's Support for help. But until that point, I was loving them. I do think some boosted mid range may help but i bought it knowing the signature and love them anyway. They are far more comfortable then my Senn Momentum's i sold to get these. Anyway, Here's hoping the support contact helps and i look forward to listening for a long time..when i get them back. 

Feb 23, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #139 of 407
  I couldn't wait and bought a pair of M100's last week. Although now, there is a terrible distortion in my left ear cup. Swapped cables and plugged into the other side and still have the distortion on the left side. I just emailed Vmoda's Support for help. But until that point, I was loving them. I do think some boosted mid range may help but i bought it knowing the signature and love them anyway. They are far more comfortable then my Senn Momentum's i sold to get these. Anyway, Here's hoping the support contact helps and i look forward to listening for a long time..when i get them back. 

I don't think you have anything to worry about.  V-Moda's customer support is typically stellar.

Mar 27, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #140 of 407
I think it will depend on the material used, as some use a softer rubber and other manufacturers use plastic. With the hard plastic, I'd lean towards #1 for natural shape and comfort. However if comfort isn't an issue, I would love to see #3 since its more of V-Moda's style. That being said, #2 is also a closer runner up for me. But all practicality aside, I definitely like #3 for being a standout from most others on the market.

Apr 2, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #141 of 407
FINALLY, NEW NEWS!

Why have I been away so long?

It is simple, everything we are working on is in a top-secret stage right now.  I know I'd be too anxious to share things with the forums and I'd eventually say too much and put my foot in my mouth.  

SOUND + QC + DURABILITY IS #1!

We had to do a lot of work to do to get the sound on the new in-ears to be another level, just like we did with Vamp Verza, XS and M-100.  We finally did it and are ecstatic, it is another level for the pricepoint!

I'll have 3 new samples in a few days and I hope to share it at the Frankfurt Messe show if anybody is there.  In May, I will meet with Jude and we'll introduce the new in-ear in a video.

Cheers and I'll keep you updated now on nuances now that we are over the big hurdles...

-V

PS - #1 by Reviews!

Headphones compared looked at 20 brands and 100k+ reviews, who won?!

http://headphonescompared.com/the-best-headphone-brands-from-worst-to-best/

Apr 2, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #142 of 407
Thanks so much for the update Val! Cannot wait to see what these are about, very excited :)

Apr 6, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #143 of 407
Glad to know you're doing fine, Mr. V! 

It's been too long, but I respect your decision to go top secret (with all the rats & moles from Evil Corp.) 

I really enjoy your product, your company, philosophies, marketing, etc... So good luck on the new product! Can't wait to hear more about it!

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #145 of 407
  FINALLY, NEW NEWS!

Why have I been away so long?

It is simple, everything we are working on is in a top-secret stage right now.  I know I'd be too anxious to share things with the forums and I'd eventually say too much and put my foot in my mouth.  

I miss talking to the community and I want to open up, but there are too many copy-cats of V-MODA in the industry I have learned the VERY hard way. Patent violations, trademark violations ON PURPOSE and consultants that were moles starting other brands are just a few of the fires I have been through in 10 years... People can really be evil, it is sad!

SOUND + QC + DURABILITY IS #1!

We had to do a lot of work to do to get the sound on the new in-ears to be another level, just like we did with Vamp Verza, XS and M-100.  We finally did it and are ecstatic, it is another level for the pricepoint!

I'll have 3 new samples in a few days and I hope to share it at the Frankfurt Messe show if anybody is there.  In May, I will meet with Jude and we'll introduce the new in-ear in a video.

Cheers and I'll keep you updated now on nuances now that we are over the big hurdles...

-V

PS - #1 by Reviews!

Headphones compared looked at 20 brands and 100k+ reviews, who won?!

http://headphonescompared.com/the-best-headphone-brands-from-worst-to-best/

Alas, he has returned! Glad to hear that the in-ears are still a go. I was starting to think these would become vapor-ware.

Apr 10, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #146 of 407
  Alas, he has returned! Glad to hear that the in-ears are still a go. I was starting to think these would become vapor-ware.

Don't worry, it is not vaporware.  We just need to take our time to make sure the product can live a long time.  We don't release many products, but we now aim for it to have the highest customer satisfaction in sound, quality, materials and have at least one innovation.

When we released products in the past in 3-9 months to meet retailer deadlines, we had QC issues.  Its like a baby, you can't have put 9 woman to have it in a month.

Since we sell now mainly to professionals, audiophiles and DJs, we cannot make a mistake!

It is tough this way versus creating quick "pricepoint products", but in the long-term  quality and inventing is our passion.

Cheers,

-V

Apr 10, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #147 of 407
Big news... We fine tuned the sound for a few more months based on lots of feedback. Our team is thrilled and I approved the golden sample!

Mass production will start soon!

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #149 of 407
YES! Can't wait to see what you've had up your sleeve for all these months!

Stay tuned, I'll try to get some more info on the in-ears as soon as I can.  We did have to change Alto's name and we decided to use the element it is made of...

-V

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #150 of 407

Stay tuned, I'll try to get some more info on the in-ears as soon as I can.  We did have to change Alto's name and we decided to use the element it is made of...

-V

Hey @valkolton I just wanted to say I am excited about your new iems. It was actually a youtube review of the M100 that actually got me to looking head fi and got me started on this headphone journey, so I have a soft spot in my heart for V-Moda products.

With that said, are you able to comment on the possible price range?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back