Vegetarians
Feb 1, 2002 at 8:29 PM Post #76 of 82
I'm 5'10" and 150-160lbs depending on how big my meal was
smily_headphones1.gif
I've got the same problem. big legs small upper body. I can leg press more than my friends, about 290 or 310 but can only do 25lb for curls.

Feb 2, 2002 at 9:57 PM Post #77 of 82
Quote:

5'7" and 150 lbs after nearly four years of weight lifting, running, and rigourous 40-30-30 dieting. I hate being short.

for real, im 5'7, 165lbs. used to weightlift three hours a day, but i stopped because of my height. i looked too short and wide. now its about getting leaner

Feb 2, 2002 at 10:34 PM Post #78 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
I tend to maximze the carbohydrates. It depends on your training program. If you're into endurance, then you need carbos!

Read the book The Zone. It explains that getting 40% of your calories from fat, 30% from carbs, and 30% from protein is waaaay better than a bunch of carbs. Winning Olympic runners and swimmers use that diet. It has worked well for me also.

Feb 3, 2002 at 12:45 AM Post #80 of 82
You'll enjoy it. It's a good read from an educated guy. Before I became a vegetarian, I saw a doctor, a dietician, and a personal trainer and all three recommended The Zone.

Since you're an omnivore, following The Zone diet shouldn't be too hard for you... it's surprisingly forgiving (and surprisingly effective). It seriously is a big performance boost- more strength, more endurance, and you even feel more awake during the day.

Feb 3, 2002 at 1:19 AM Post #81 of 82
Human is evolve to eat meat, we are hunters by nature, that's why we have stereo visions. Our eyes are in the front so we can judge distance to hunt animals, not that wee hunt anymore fro our meat. Just farm our way to the dinner tables these days.

Personally, I can't go one more then a few days without some meat, I'll need something like fish at least once a day, but I have gone unintensionally gone 3 days eating vegetables and rice only. I actually like vegetables, all kinds too. From you peas and carrots to leaf vegetables and big melon type. But I have tried the veggie saugages and burgers, they tried to make them taste like meat but it's no where near. But I was thinking why would they make a veggie burger? if someone want a veggie diet, he/she surely don't want a burger, it'll just make the taste for the real thing stronger.

Feb 3, 2002 at 1:31 AM Post #82 of 82
I got into an argument with some of the vegitarians at our school when io said that all vegitarian food makers should be nailed for false and misleading advertising. They got rather mad at that one, something I thought was obviously a joking comment. My point was that sausage was by definition made of meat, and thus tofu sausage was falsely marketed. They got all huffy and said that sausage wasn't neccisarily meat, Mr. Webster proved them wrong. To this day I think they think I am serious...odd.

I don't like meat or vegtables alone, I like them in combination. A good beef stir-fry is my favorite dish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back