Vegetarians
Jan 30, 2002 at 5:48 AM Post #2 of 82
"You don't make friends with salad..."
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2002 at 7:13 AM Post #4 of 82
MUST ........... RESIST ........... RAW........... MEAT ........... MEAT ........... PIE ........... BBQ ........... DUCK ........... JUICY ........... GRILLED ........... STEAK ........... *DRUELS* ........... MUST ........... FIGHT ........... TEMTATION ........... PORK ........... CHOP ........... *MUNCH MUCH MUCH* ........... DOH !!!!

Jan 30, 2002 at 8:25 AM Post #6 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by cajunchrist
Tofu and broccoli are wonderful things...
cool.gif

Yeah, when i'm dead and buried.
tongue.gif

Jan 30, 2002 at 8:39 AM Post #8 of 82
I will agree with you there on the Broccoli. I eat much less red meat then most people, but no way in hell am I giving it up.

Today my dinner consisted of a fruit shake I made. It used about 1 cup of heavy cream, on top of lots of fruit. Yum! Some sugar to top it off and you have a very thick, creamy delight
smily_headphones1.gif

But - the heavy cream is worse for me then red meat
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2002 at 8:52 AM Post #9 of 82
Quote:

But - the heavy cream is worse for me then red meat

And the fruit is not so great for you either. Fruit sugar is still sugar, and the HUGE amounts of sugar places like Smoothie King, Jamba Juice, and Robeks Juice give you in the guise of a healthy meal replacement is deceptive. Yeah, you get vitamins and such that a candy bar doesn't have, but you pay for it in the havoc the sugar causes to your insulin balance. A piece of fruit is a good idea. A fruit shake with heavy cream is a treat, but in truth ain't really helpful.

Let the 'Negative Nelly' hate posts begin.

frown.gif

Jan 30, 2002 at 11:00 AM Post #10 of 82
Well, I agree with the cajun...actually a shake consisting only of red meat and heavy cream would be far better for you and less fattening than large fries from McDonald's....the problem is in sugar, and the starches that turn to sugar. Simply put, your body cannot digest the meatcream shake as well as the fries, so it only uses what it can at that instant, whereas the fries are captured by the body, and stored as fat. But I am like Xevion, I love vegetables, but I won't give up meat. I don't eat much, and most of the meat I eat is fish...It serves me well.

Jan 30, 2002 at 11:07 AM Post #11 of 82
I like veggies, but I have to have my meat. I eat meat in almost every meal. I don't eat big bird or any seafood how ever.

BTW, to control weight, lay off the carbohydrates. Bacon is less fattening than soda is. Weird but it's true.

Jan 30, 2002 at 11:12 AM Post #12 of 82
Broccoli salad:
Dressing ingredients,vary proportions to suit taste,
Nam pla [thai fish source] ,lime juice,palm suger,fresh chillies,garlic.
Don't over do the lime juice, err towards the nam pla,chillies it
depends on how you like them.again do not swamp even if you do like them. the suger should just take the edge of every thing,
and just a rub of galic.
Experiment untill the flavour suits and add to lots of lovely broccoli
[uncooked of course!!]

With this combo you'l eat pounds at a time yum yum
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2002 at 11:17 AM Post #13 of 82
This little veggie restaurant place on Centinela called GO VEGGIE! serves a lusicous broccoli salad. They chop small bits of purple onion, add raisins and a mayonaisey (maybe Miracle Whip) dressing thinned a bit with milk with broccoli as the main event. Heavenly.

Jan 30, 2002 at 11:21 AM Post #14 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
I like veggies, but I have to have my meat. I eat meat in almost every meal. I don't eat big bird or any seafood how ever.

Dang, I'm the opposite, I like meat, but I have to have my veggies, I guess. I eat as much seafood as possible, especially shellfish: lobster, shrimp, clams, mussels, oops now I'm salivating. I eat some chicken too, and occasionally pork, usually for breakfast or on pizza. I'll have a couple of nice big thick juicy steaks (medium to medium-rare is about perfect, still a little pink) every year, but I could really do without most red meat and I wouldn't miss it. Actually I could live happily the rest of my life eating no other meat besides seafood.

-Keith

Jan 30, 2002 at 11:48 AM Post #15 of 82
God created cows as food. That's the only thing they're good for..

Seafood is also very good and generally considered good for you if properly prepared. Lay off the deep fried.

I try to cook most meats, especially red meat on the grill. Gets rid of some of the fat.

Starches are the killers. They are pure Carbohydrate and take forever to break down into sugars. They stay with you until they do though.

Pure natural sugars are the first things your body absorbs and then gets rid of. Sugar, in proper proportions, is responsible for the energy required to get up from this cahir and go do something else. Sugar provides energy.

ANYTHING OVERDONE IS BAD. Most things in moderation are pretty good. My favorite veggie. Florida Avocado. Loaded with cholesterol, I haven't quite figured out a high cholesteral plant, and fats and all the things that are supposed to be bad for you. Damn they taste good. But only the Florida strains.

Moderation and "Common Sense"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back