Vegetarian headphones?
Aug 2, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #121 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the topics discussed are concerned with maintaining a vegan lifestyle (within reasonable boundaries) and not a vegetarian one.

This is incorrect. Although vegetarianism is very much a continuum, the vast majority of vegetarians (particularly those who are "ethical" vegetarians, as opposed to "health" vegetarians) who have been such for any length of time generally try to avoid leather products. Vegans do as well, of course, but the original poster (a vegetarian) knows what he/she is talking about.
wink.gif

Aug 2, 2007 at 9:12 PM Post #122 of 174
I am going to make a confession.

I have fed my headphones exclusively on raw meat, and i've been training them to fight.

I know it's unethical, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Now i can't let children anywhere near them, because they don't have a concept of play.

Aug 2, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #123 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am going to make a confession.

I have fed my headphones exclusively on raw meat, and i've been training them to fight.

I know it's unethical, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Now i can't let children anywhere near them, because they don't have a concept of play.

Reported to SPCA. I hope they lock you up with Michael Vick.
wink.gif

Aug 2, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #125 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im not a veggie,..but i really wouldnt want to buy baby seal skin in any form cuz for one,theyre just babies,and for another we dont use any other part of the animal,,,so why kill them?
I can see using cow skins taken from the food industry,but i cant see using any animal that we dont eat.
Wasting animals and making them suffer for nothing and taking thier lives just isnt cool to me.

It was a joke dude, lighten up.
tongue.gif

Aug 2, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #127 of 174
Some interesting responses in this thread. Thanks to the contributors! I hope it didn't get too off-topic, and I look forward to Malos' list (thanks for that). As you can see from my sig, I've got my 650s and 530s, and like them very much, the reason for my original enquiry was more hypothetical than urgent! BTW, as for vitamin b12, I have Marmite on toast for breakfast - for those of you who don't know Marmite, it's a yeast-based spread in the UK (the Australian version is Vegemite, although I believe it tastes slightly different).

Aug 2, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #129 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzuka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, Vegetarians are big hypocrites, if you were a true vegetarian, you'd lay down and die. Unless you can obtain sufficient nourishment from rocks.

That was unnecessarily inflammatory. If you'd bothered to actually read the various posts by vegetarians in this thread, you'd see that we admit we don't think our choice can save the world or make us saints.

Please, do some reading before commenting in such a manner.

Aug 3, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #130 of 174
As you can see I don’t place much value on consistency. As a teenager I read The Animal World of Albert Schweitzer and for a few long months struggled very hard to be a vegetarian. Its main effect was to make me obsessed with an endless round of inconsequential ethical dilemmas like this one about vegetarian headphones so I gave it up and returned to the wonderful world of meat. By asking this question does the OP expect everyone to take their question seriously? If you want serious replies you should ask like minded believers rather than post it in a public forum like this so you can avoid flippant replies like my own. However, I haven’t completely forsaken our animal friends since I have a keen interest in the work of Temple Grandin whose passion is designing humane slaughter houses.

Aug 3, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #131 of 174
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzuka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, Vegetarians are big hypocrites, if you were a true vegetarian, you'd lay down and die. Unless you can obtain sufficient nourishment from rocks.

Thanks, It's nice to know you have such strong feelings about me. Why would you go out of your way to insult a number of members of this site by making a comment like that. Why would you care what I do. I've never preached to you as to why being a vegetarian is the only way to eat. I guess I am a hypocrite, after all, I'm still wearing my leather shoes. And then there is the leather seats in my car (ordered before becoming a vegetarian but would probably do it again, at least it's a 4 cylinder so it saves on gas). Some of us just don't like the way the animals are treated and that they are killed. I can't save them all but I like to think I am saving some. I don't do this for health reasons as my cholesterol has always been low no matter what I eat, blood pressure is good, etc. As boomana has said earlier, we have to live in this society and we do the best we can. We make choices that sometimes might be considered hypocritical but at least we try. You don't want to be a vegetarian, no problem, it's your choice. How about leaving us alone for ours.

Aug 3, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #135 of 174
Where can I get a pair of headphones with bloody 1.5" thick New York strip on either side?

I don't recommend these. No soundstage, and sharp rolloff over about 14k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back