Vegan friendly headphone list
Oct 26, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #121 of 284
We can also add the Shure 1840 to the list. I contacted Shure and all of their headphones use vinyl/pvc fake leather.
Also, I did have the Focals for some time and loved them sometimes and other times felt like they sounded artificial. Either way, I am leaning towards an Audio Technica or these Shure’s for Classical listening!

Nov 1, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #122 of 284
We can also add the Shure 1840 to the list. I contacted Shure and all of their headphones use vinyl/pvc fake leather.
Also, I did have the Focals for some time and loved them sometimes and other times felt like they sounded artificial. Either way, I am leaning towards an Audio Technica or these Shure’s for Classical listening!

Added thanks

Nov 17, 2020 at 2:56 AM Post #123 of 284
Added:
- Erzetich Phobos (this is the only headphone maker that advertises their headphones as animal free.. so cool!)

Nov 17, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #124 of 284
Also added Ezertich mania and thalia their lower tier headphones.

Nov 18, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #125 of 284
Guys I added a ton of hifiman headphones that I was told are animal product free more than a year ago. I think I just forgot to add them to the list. Basically anything below HE1000 level is vegan in hifiman line.

Nov 18, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #127 of 284
You’re awesome! Thanks for keeping this thread up to date!

Thanks for taking interest in it! Mad respect. Btw if your on discord check out our audio group, in my signature.

Nov 21, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #128 of 284
Guys exciting news! I got word from April at hifiman that apparently Susvara leather is totally synthetic. So will be adding it to the list. Confirming with her that HE1000SE is also vegan. Its cool to have a true TOTL headphone on this list.

Jan 6, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #130 of 284
Guys exciting news! I got word from April at hifiman that apparently Susvara leather is totally synthetic. So will be adding it to the list. Confirming with her that HE1000SE is also vegan. Its cool to have a true TOTL headphone on this list.

I believe any (?) ZMF headphone can be made vegan. Same with the Meze Empyrean. So there are a few options out there, and I imagine as time goes on the list will grow.

Jan 6, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #131 of 284
I believe any (?) ZMF headphone can be made vegan. Same with the Meze Empyrean. So there are a few options out there, and I imagine as time goes on the list will grow.
Yep, I've had several!

Jan 8, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #132 of 284
Ok so i spoke with Final in Japan and they said if you contact them directly they would do a custom headband that is not made of egg leather (vegan). So will add to the list.

Yup they are on the vegan headphone list.

Feb 13, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #133 of 284
I just ordered my vegan ZMF Verite Closed. I emailed ZMF this morning and Zach got back to me right away confirming the VC could be made vegan. I'm very excited to support smaller brands that are making an effort to offer these options.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #134 of 284
I looked at ZMF as well for closed. Plus the Audio Technica Woods that are closed (AWAS). I have heard amazing things about the Verite! How far out are they for making a special order? I was also curious if you could choose one of their limited edition woods for a vegan version.

I finally landed on the Hifiman Arya’s for open back. I wanted 800s but they didn’t fit comfortably. So far the Arya’s are great! They are very comfortable and sound great. Staging strikes a good balance (not too large but still capable of handling orchestral works) and not as dramatic as the 800s.

Feb 13, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #135 of 284
I looked at ZMF as well for closed. Plus the Audio Technica Woods that are closed (AWAS). I have heard amazing things about the Verite! How far out are they for making a special order? I was also curious if you could choose one of their limited edition woods for a vegan version.

I finally landed on the Hifiman Arya’s for open back. I wanted 800s but they didn’t fit comfortably. So far the Arya’s are great! They are very comfortable and sound great. Staging strikes a good balance (not too large but still capable of handling orchestral works) and not as dramatic as the 800s.
I have no idea how far out they are, I went ahead with the current stock wood for the VC, “monkeypod.” I actually like all the various woods for different reasons, so said screw it and just go with what they’re currently using. That’s funny, I also have the 800S and find it extremely comfortable! But I have had my eyes on the Arya too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back