Vegan food for better sound? Calmer body - higher resolution
Dec 7, 2009 at 9:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

Patrick82

Banned
I have switched into vegetarian food because of my girlfriend, I didn't notice a difference in listening performance. Then I switched into vegan food and didn't notice anything still. However, when I ate dairy products again my body felt weird. I sat on my chair and felt jumpy like there was something in my body that wanted to get out. It was difficult to listen to music when my body was behaving in this way. Then I stopped with the dairy and after a few days my body was calm and relaxed, now I can hear more resolution in the music and the difference between WAV and FLAC is much greater, a couple years ago when I was eating meat the difference was only subtle between tweaks, but now it's HUGE!

Has anyone else got improvement in resolution from different foods?
I have also started drinking linseed oil, I think it makes the music more liquid. It sounds smoother with higher resolution.

Dec 7, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #2 of 60
I don't think the human body is meant to be digesting those foods. It feels like it takes more energy and the body vibrates more because of it. It's like feeding the car with the wrong gas. I had planned to mass dampen my body to reduce this problem, but I found the source of the problem from the inside. The body runs smoother with the proper food. Maybe we can make a thread of "Recommended audiophile foods".

Dec 7, 2009 at 10:39 AM Post #3 of 60
Well, eating vegan is pretty healthy, at least according to some circles, so long as you replace the nutrients you can't get from meat with something else that is appropriate. There are downsides to eating meat, some say it is harder to digest, etc etc. If eating vegan makes you feel healthier, and thus increases your enjoyment of music, then stick with it. I know when I eat vegetarian food for a few days, I feel a little lighter and more energetic, but it is probably psychological, as I am feeling extra virtuous.

Dec 7, 2009 at 10:43 AM Post #4 of 60
Quote:

I have switched into vegetarian food because of my girlfriend,

whipped_motivational_poster-p228101487279841828836v_500.jpg

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #5 of 60
I originally became vegetarian as I felt my shoulders were more stiff when I ate meat. After a week or so not eating meat, I didn't want to any more. It's good that you're dedicated enough to your girlfriend to want to change your diet, and that you pay attention to the effects in your body when you eat something.

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #6 of 60
Aren't "difficult to digest" foods better in a way? Sugars and starches are easy to digest and therefore quickly converted into energy, causing possible blood sugar spikes. Meats, fats, and fibers are lower on the glycemic index, taking a longer time and more energy to digest, keeping the blood sugar steadier.

Am I way off base?

I've dabbled with veganism in my life a few times. I've found that for my body chemistry, dairy is a big dead end, while moderate low fat meat consumption is very good for me.

Interesting thread though. Personally I think human beings WERE designed (and by that I don't necessarily mean intelligently designed) to digest meat. Portion control, low fat, quality of meat, and a balanced diet including plenty of fibrous plant material are important constituents.

There's probably something to the level of fitness, nutrition, vitamin levels, etc. affecting aural resolution, but I'd bet no studies have ever been done. I'm still waiting for a legal pill that lets me resolve music like I was able to smoking pot in college without any other side effects.
wink.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #7 of 60
I've found that if I don't get a healthy dose of meat, then I get on edge, and thus cannot enjoy the music as much.

Veganism would surely kill the entire music experience for me

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #8 of 60
Veganism can be a good short-term cleansing practice - and I mean fine for a couple of years - but for most people long-term effects are hard on the nervous system. By the time it gets bad the body is drying out, you're in your 40s or 50s and there isn't anything you can do about it. You end up like a leaf blowing in the wind. Then with the dementia, etc.

Dairy is pure nourishment/building material. Good for kids and the elderly, but in the prime of life you don't need so much.

Want some vibration? Go veg for a week, then eat some spiced pork and tequila before bedtime.

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #9 of 60
"Girlfriend". Is that what you call your wife these days...?
wink.gif

Anyway, stick with whatever making you and your body happy/pleased.
Quite a lot of people out there are vegans or vegetarians and they seem to manage just fine...

Dec 7, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #10 of 60
There's a scientific explanation for this, I think.
Vegan food is typically lower in fat and cholestrol and other products that will increase mucus production in the sinus, which will result in less fluid behind the eardrum and ultimately a clearer sound (if you've ever had glue ear or something similar, you'll know the opposite).

A functioning sinus will not encounter these problems though as it will drain into the throat.

Patrick, if you are interested in biological upgrades, you should consider trying a nasal spray like beconase and decongestants or demazin. Theyre both over the counter for small doses and will increase the rate at which fluid is drained (and demazin will dilate your canals slightly).

Dec 7, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #11 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftyGorilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Veganism can be a good short-term cleansing practice - and I mean fine for a couple of years - but for most people long-term effects are hard on the nervous system. By the time it gets bad the body is drying out, you're in your 40s or 50s and there isn't anything you can do about it. You end up like a leaf blowing in the wind. Then with the dementia, etc.

Dairy is pure nourishment/building material. Good for kids and the elderly, but in the prime of life you don't need so much.

Want some vibration? Go veg for a week, then eat some spiced pork and tequila before bedtime.

Sounds like you're talking about B12 deficiency which is the biggest problem with a pure vegan diet. I've know a few vegans with that problem and they've had to take supplements.

Dec 7, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #12 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have switched into vegetarian food because of my girlfriend, I didn't notice a difference in listening performance. Then I switched into vegan food and didn't notice anything still. However, when I ate dairy products again my body felt weird. I sat on my chair and felt jumpy like there was something in my body that wanted to get out. It was difficult to listen to music when my body was behaving in this way. Then I stopped with the dairy and after a few days my body was calm and relaxed, now I can hear more resolution in the music and the difference between WAV and FLAC is much greater, a couple years ago when I was eating meat the difference was only subtle between tweaks, but now it's HUGE!

Has anyone else got improvement in resolution from different foods?
I have also started drinking linseed oil, I think it makes the music more liquid. It sounds smoother with higher resolution.

you cannot be serious,, maybe if you wee more relaxed and didnt eat any sugar or caffeine etc., you would be more relaxed but i think its all in your head, ive been a vegatarian goin on two years now(slipped up a few times after the year mark with some talapia and maybe i will some more it was good) but for the most part i reall y dont eat meat anymore, dont miss except for chicken, ah i miss fried chicken, i never heard music better after stopping eating meat,
dont eat dairy either, except for olives stuffed with blu chesse, yummy.
----secondly i find vegan to be self righteous for some reaseon, what the hell is immoral or wrong about eating eggs or milk,,ok maybe milk, but i definitley couldnt be a vegetarian without eating eggwhites

Dec 7, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #13 of 60
just to add, you have to make sure you take alot of fish oil if you are a vegatarian, you can get other omega 3 supplements but fish oile is the best imo.. so i guess im not vegatarian as i take lots of fish oil which is exrtremly beneficial, you feel much better and more relaxed and even smarter

Dec 7, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #14 of 60
I've found that a steady diet of hard-boiled eggs and beet juice is the best way to get the most out of my sound system.

Dec 7, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #15 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinCannoisseur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what the hell is immoral or wrong about eating eggs

Chickens live a pretty wretched existence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back