VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Mar 13, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #3,077 of 3,324

If you can swing the Zen 2.0, I would say they are a tremendous buy especially if you can run them in a balanced configuration. If purchasing in a balanced configuration, it comes with a singled ended adapter as well, so you can use it with your favourite mobile devices. 

But running it balanced out of my Geek out v2, the sound stage just positively explodes! To the point that it seems like a step backward running it single ended. IMO a properly driven balanced Zen 2.0 is a force to be reckoned with. just my 0.02 

I'll look into it, I've never heard of a balanced Zen. 

Believe it or not but the drivers are easily and quite readily available. Its not so much the drivers that is responsible for the VE magic, but the genius who tuned the drivers, the virtuoso sound engineer KK.

That's amazing if true, I guess that makes sense. So these are just generic drivers retuning for a "powerful" full-sounding signature? Who is the OEM for the original, untuned readily available drivers? I just ask because I am interested in the spec sheet of the driver for particular details. 

Mar 13, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #3,078 of 3,324

If you can swing the Zen 2.0, I would say they are a tremendous buy especially if you can run them in a balanced configuration. If purchasing in a balanced configuration, it comes with a singled ended adapter as well, so you can use it with your favourite mobile devices. 

But running it balanced out of my Geek out v2, the sound stage just positively explodes! To the point that it seems like a step backward running it single ended. IMO a properly driven balanced Zen 2.0 is a force to be reckoned with. just my 0.02 

I'll look into it, I've never heard of a balanced Zen. 

Believe it or not but the drivers are easily and quite readily available. Its not so much the drivers that is responsible for the VE magic, but the genius who tuned the drivers, the virtuoso sound engineer KK.

That's amazing if true, I guess that makes sense. So these are just generic drivers retuning for a "powerful" full-sounding signature? Who is the OEM for the original, untuned readily available drivers? I just ask because I am interested in the spec sheet of the driver for particular details. 

Everything we use in our product is customized ~ even the dome~we design them to take more punishment than they have to,

As we wanna give our fans the freedom to play with our gear with powerful stuff, even the monk~

without the worry of breaking them too easily.

And we had worked with amateurs before and paid the price with our ve one, ve one mini & etc.

now we only work with real Pros, and they won't even talk to me about their other clients, unless they need our help in product design.

as it is the interdependent relationship we have with our oem factory~

we are good , simply cuz we are very focused to please only real head-fiers ,not that we got a cable and a drive then u get the monk~

Cheers 

Lee

Mar 13, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #3,079 of 3,324
  Everything we use in our product is customized ~ even the dome~we design them to take more punishment than they have to,

As we wanna give our fans the freedom to play with our gear with powerful stuff, even the monk~

without the worry of breaking them too easily.

And we had worked with amateurs before and paid the price with our ve one, ve one mini & etc.

now we only work with real Pros, and they won't even talk to me about their other clients, unless they need our help in product design.

as it is the interdependent relationship we have with our oem factory~

we are good , simply cuz we are very focused to please only real head-fiers ,not that we got a cable and a drive then u get the monk~

Cheers 

Lee

We love you for this attitude!  
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #3,081 of 3,324
Traded my Zen 2 for a pair of Zen 1. The sound of Zen 1 is more to my liking than Zen 2, which I still appreciate for their technical capabilities. Truly amazing sound from the Zen 1! Wow!

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #3,082 of 3,324
Lee, is there any plan for a VE Monk 2.0. Perhaps with the technical prowess of VE Zen 2.0 + fun factor and bass presence of the Monk 1.0. That would be amazing combo.
L3000.gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #3,083 of 3,324
  Lee, is there any plan for a VE Monk 2.0. Perhaps with the technical prowess of VE Zen 2.0 + fun factor and bass presence of the Monk 1.0. That would be amazing combo.
L3000.gif

It was called the Zen 1 
wink.gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #3,084 of 3,324
tmr marks our one full year on head fi

i wanna thank all for your support

and we have found the perfect foams for the zen 2.0

and it is safe to say that the guys in our monk fan

club will be very very happy

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #3,086 of 3,324
tmr marks our one full year on head fi

i wanna thank all for your support

and we have found the perfect foams for the zen 2.0

and it is safe to say that the guys in our monk fan

club will be very very happy

Please share the link for the Foams for Zen 2.0

Mar 16, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #3,089 of 3,324
I agree but I didn't like the rubber "wings" that were attached to the rubber rings. What I ended up doing was to trim the donut foams right down so they are more like bicycle tires and used double sided tape to secure them to the housing. However even this resulted in a bit too much low-end rumble. Last night I ended up training this back so they form two arcs on either side of the driver. So far it seems ok but I think I can tweak it a bit more to suit my own taste better

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #3,090 of 3,324
I agree but I didn't like the rubber "wings" that were attached to the rubber rings. What I ended up doing was to trim the donut foams right down so they are more like bicycle tires and used double sided tape to secure them to the housing. However even this resulted in a bit too much low-end rumble. Last night I ended up training this back so they form two arcs on either side of the driver. So far it seems ok but I think I can tweak it a bit more to suit my own taste better
http://www.head-fi.org/t/441400/earbuds-round-up-update-april-25th-2015/2235#post_12333577

Users who are viewing this thread

Back