VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Nov 25, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #2,418 of 3,324
I've been going backwards and forwards all day with the Zen 1 and Zen 2 and I gotta say that these may as well be 2 separate products. The Zen 1.0 is a cold more, flatter and a little bit more refined. It's better for critical listening but is a bit boring. The Zen 2.0 on the other hand is more like its little brother the Monk. It's bold and fun. It has that amazing organic note that the Monk has with very good sense of space and air (note that the air is thickened from the extra bass it is not congested in any way). 

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #2,420 of 3,324
Other way around Nic - foams add warmth (graphs showed it clearly)

Taking them away leans things out.

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #2,422 of 3,324
So you mean 1 with foams on and 2 with foams off? OK - that I can agree on.

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #2,423 of 3,324
^ Not confused at all lol! 

This though I can wrap my brain around happily (while I wait for my 2.0's)...

The Zen 2.0 on the other hand is more like its little brother the Monk. It's bold and fun. It has that amazing organic note that the Monk has with very good sense of space and air (note that the air is thickened from the extra bass it is not congested in any way). 

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #2,424 of 3,324
I meant take foams off the 2.0, and the 1.0 will then sound warmer. Guess that wasn't clear?

Edited my previous post to make that clear :)

Unfair comparison. Its gotta be done with the same scenario. My test is both with Heigh foam donuts.

I'm not a fan of commando as it hurts my ears.

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #2,425 of 3,324
Unfair comparison. Its gotta be done with the same scenario. My test is both with Heigh foam donuts.

I'm not a fan of commando as it hurts my ears.

I'm glad that your impressions were based on the mighty heigle foams, since that's what I was using with my 1.0's (before I had to kiss them goodbye).

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #2,426 of 3,324

I'm glad that your impressions were based on the mighty heigle foams, since that's what I was using with my 1.0's (before I had to kiss them goodbye).

Lee was kind enough of sending me half a pallet of those foams. LOL. I swear, I think there was more foams in volume than there was earphones.

Nov 26, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #2,429 of 3,324
Unfair comparison? Why?

Unfair because I am comparing the difference between the two. To do this properly you need to compare them under the same scenario, hence why volume matching is so important. By adding any kind of factor that may influence the sound you would need to do the same to both, otherwise you are putting one of them under an unfair disadvantage. Of course this may not be the case when comparing two completely different types of gear but because they are both the same product ie Zen, I want to see what the changes are in the new one.

Nov 26, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #2,430 of 3,324
The changes have been described in great detail so far. I don't think there are the same product at all, well, except from both being earbuds. Liike many I can't listen to those with covers. Even the ear hooks seem to affect their sound negatively in my case, maybe because they obstruct some opening at the beck of the driver.
My main issue is that naked they are not that comfortable and are not stable enough in my ears so i keep readjusting them.
So far I think i enjoy the sound of the V1.0 more even it the V2.0 is more capable technically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back