VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Dec 6, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #2,611 of 3,324
Very interesting for a pair of earbuds to be designed to sound better without foams. I've owned pretty much every hyped earbud and they have all sounded better with foams in my experience. Looking forward to my pair of Zen 2.0s arriving ... shouldn't be too long now (I hope). I'll also post comparisons with the 1.0s.

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #2,612 of 3,324
  Very interesting for a pair of earbuds to be designed to sound better without foams. I've owned pretty much every hyped earbud and they have all sounded better with foams in my experience. Looking forward to my pair of Zen 2.0s arriving ... shouldn't be too long now (I hope). I'll also post comparisons with the 1.0s.

It's up to personal preference as usual. I prefer the Zen 2.0 with the foam donuts, as do other.

Dec 6, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #2,613 of 3,324
I haven't tried the Zen 2.0 with foams yet but, I think that it is nice to be able to use them without and still get good sound. With foams esp. the donuts, they can fall or move off center easily when they get loose so I find it an advantage to be able to go foamless. 

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #2,615 of 3,324
Just, little diameters foams without rubber rings and open back ports. This better for me after 100 h work

It's interesting how everyone likes the 2.0's in different configurations, and how those configurations may change after certain amount of burn in.

I probably only have 25 hours of listening time in because I haven't thrown them on the burning station yet (but I'm going to). At this point, I think they sound best (1) naked. Then (2) with the supplied yet finless rubber rings - I really like how they stay in my ears, but I feel they cover the back ports a bit too much and reduce clarity. So I'm using (3) the supplied donut foams right now, and I like how comfy they are and they sound good, but they have more mid-bass and are not as clear and natural as they sound naked.

I'd like to find narrower rings, but until then, I think I'll mainly be going naked - until I decide otherwise lol!

Dec 7, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #2,616 of 3,324
I quite like the Zen 2.0 cable, does anyone think VE would be willing to make an iem cable?

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #2,618 of 3,324

It's interesting how everyone likes the 2.0's in different configurations, and how those configurations may change after certain amount of burn in.

I probably only have 25 hours of listening time in because I haven't thrown them on the burning station yet (but I'm going to). At this point, I think they sound best (1) naked. Then (2) with the supplied yet finless rubber rings - I really like how they stay in my ears, but I feel they cover the back ports a bit too much and reduce clarity. So I'm using (3) the supplied donut foams right now, and I like how comfy they are and they sound good, but they have more mid-bass and are not as clear and natural as they sound naked.

I'd like to find narrower rings, but until then, I think I'll mainly be going naked - until I decide otherwise lol!

If you want narrower FOAMS, you can always just get the Hiegi :)

Dec 7, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #2,622 of 3,324
  If you want narrower FOAMS, you can always just get the Hiegi :)

D'oh! I have Hiegi foams and didn't think to try them yet! Will do fo sho!

Dec 7, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #2,625 of 3,324
Heigi-style foams may be narrower, but they're also thicker. If your ear anatomy is anything like mine, this means you'll get better seal, moar bass, and reduced clarity up top. Heigi-style foams that came with Zen 2.0 are my least preferred option so far.

People's ears vary so much, so who knows what effect @waynes world will get from the Hiegis? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back