VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Oct 28, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #1,861 of 3,324

OH NOEZ I ORDERED TEH WRONG ONES!

And since it was on eBay I can't cancel the order :frowning2:  I didn't realize the ones I ordered aren't the "empty middle" ones!!!! NOOOOOO!

Edit:  Looks like I can cancel the order after-all!  Yay!

Glad you can cancel. Yeah, get the right ones. They do make a difference with the Asura's and Zen's, so I suspect they will with the Monks as well.

Oct 28, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #1,862 of 3,324
So, question for you guys.  If I fet the Zens, or the upcoming Zen 2.0, should my Fiio X3ii be able to actually drive them well?  I hate the idea of having to stack my DAP with an amp as taht really doesn't come across as being truly "portable" to me, and I don't see the point of earbuds if I can't use them portably.

How about the Asura with the X3ii?

Also, one more thing.  WHEN THE HELL ARE THE ASURA GOING TO BE LISTED FOR THE CORRECT PRICE AGAIN!?!?!?!  They are still listed as $618 on AliExpress!

Oct 28, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #1,864 of 3,324
So, question for you guys.  If I fet the Zens, or the upcoming Zen 2.0, should my Fiio X3ii be able to actually drive them well?  I hate the idea of having to stack my DAP with an amp as taht really doesn't come across as being truly "portable" to me, and I don't see the point of earbuds if I can't use them portably.

How about the Asura with the X3ii?

Also, one more thing.  WHEN THE HELL ARE THE ASURA GOING TO BE LISTED FOR THE CORRECT PRICE AGAIN!?!?!?!  They are still listed as $618 on AliExpress!

I smell an update coming :wink:

Oct 28, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #1,865 of 3,324
I smell an update coming
wink.gif

As it is I'm loving the Monks.

What I like about them best?  Vocals and drums.  Both sound frigging awesome from them.  The attack is so crisp and powerful from hard drum hits, and meanwhile vocals sound so incredibly clear.

And of course, the soundstage is pretty damn remarkable :-D

I simply cannot BELIEVE they are only five dollars!  What the heck, guys?  Hahaha.  If this is what five measly bucks will buy me from VE, I cannot WAIT to see what over 60 dollars or over 100 dollars will get me :wink:

My roommate loves his now too, and he's not an audiophile by any means.  He went and threw his Apple Earpods in the trash earlier today after just a few minutes with the Monks :p  Bahahahaha.

Oct 28, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #1,866 of 3,324

As it is I'm loving the Monks.

What I like about them best?  Vocals and drums.  Both sound frigging awesome from them.  The attack is so crisp and powerful from hard drum hits, and meanwhile vocals sound so incredibly clear.

And of course, the soundstage is pretty damn remarkable :-D

I simply cannot BELIEVE they are only five dollars!  What the heck, guys?  Hahaha.  If this is what five measly bucks will buy me from VE, I cannot WAIT to see what over 60 dollars or over 100 dollars will get me :wink:

My roommate loves his now too, and he's not an audiophile by any means.  He went and threw his Apple Earpods in the trash earlier today after just a few minutes with the Monks :p  Bahahahaha.

You're welcome :)

Oct 28, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #1,867 of 3,324

You're welcome :)

Haha thanks, but it's not like you guys really had to talk me into getting them or anything like that.  WIth them being only five dollars, I figured it wouldn't be much of a financial risk to just buy them and see what happened, haha :p

Like I said.  That's less than the cost of a burger at Five Guys or a burrito at Chipotle!  Insanity, right!?!?!?!

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #1,868 of 3,324
Haha thanks, but it's not like you guys really had to talk me into getting them or anything like that.  WIth them being only five dollars, I figured it wouldn't be much of a financial risk to just buy them and see what happened, haha :p

True dat! I was just talking about getting them on your radar.

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #1,869 of 3,324

True dat! I was just talking about getting them on your radar.

Thanks for that :)

So guys, how well can the VE Zen actually be driven by the Fiio X3ii?  I don't see the point of having earbuds if they aren't truly conducive for PORTABLE use, and unfortunately I never have (and never will) considered a stack of a DAP plus an amp to actually be "portable" in a practical sense. . .

If I can't drive them to their full potential or very very close to it from the X3ii, I will have to say I guess I'm out of luck with the Zen, since the X3ii is about as powerful as you can get as far as output-power from a DAP (the X5ii is only marginally more powerful, and I suppose some amp modules of some HiFiMan players may be even more powerful, but otherwise not really).  So in that case, how about the Asura driven from the X3ii?

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #1,871 of 3,324
Thanks for that :)

So guys, how well can the VE Zen actually be driven by the Fiio X3ii?  I don't see the point of having earbuds if they aren't truly conducive for PORTABLE use, and unfortunately I never have (and never will) considered a stack of a DAP plus an amp to actually be "portable" in a practical sense. . .

If I can't drive them to their full potential or very very close to it from the X3ii, I will have to say I guess I'm out of luck with the Zen, since the X3ii is about as powerful as you can get as far as output-power from a DAP (the X5ii is only marginally more powerful, and I suppose some amp modules of some HiFiMan players may be even more powerful, but otherwise not really).  So in that case, how about the Asura driven from the X3ii?

The Zens running at 70% potential on your X3ii will sound better than most other stuff running at 100% potentiall off of it :)

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #1,872 of 3,324
I got the earhoox and it's not really working for me. Although it makes the earbuds secured and not prone to sudden movements, it also makes it less pushed to the ear canal making the overall sound hollow and thin. I wonder how others here use it. any suggestion is appreciated.

Oct 29, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #1,874 of 3,324

I find playing with them by inserting on a bit of an angle works for me. Earhoox didn't work for me, but some swear by them, worth a shot (will cost more than the buds, though).

Since I'm planning to get the Zen 2.0 in the future anyways, may as well try the Earhoox for only ten bucks and see if they work :)

Thanks guys!

So here's another question.  The little card that came with the buds has this weird little internet-meme-looking dude with glasses and a mustache saying "Dare to challenge me?"  What is that supposed to be, anyway??!?!?!?!  Haha.
@goodyfresh is the latest convert!!!

Well yeah dude I mean how can you not be converted when you hear sound like this FOR ONLY A FEW MEASLY DOLLARS?  I've bought cheeseburgers and burritos that cost twice as much as these buds!  Haha.

this weird little internet-meme-looking dude is "me" made by my fans in China, it is supposed to be joke , challenge anyone out there to make a better 5USD audio gear.

Cheers

Lee 

p.s. we will include similar stuff to earhoxx in the zen package so I don't see 10USD need to be wasted there 

so as the premium earbuds foam

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #1,875 of 3,324
They'll sound very good but won't reach their full potential. I've run Zen through desktop gear, and it sounds heavenly!

Now Zen 2.0? That might just reach near full potential with a DAP...

I A/B'd them tonight volume matched - X3ii vs iFi Micro iDSD.  The X3ii drives them as well as the iDSD does and that thing is a power house.  All these myths about "not reaching their full potential" are exactly that IMO - myths.

The X3ii will put 24 mW into 300 ohms.  That's more than enough to power them to ear blistering levels. And we're talking a little itty bitty driver here - so it's not as though the output of the X3ii isn't able to fully move and stop the driver.  They are not coils requiring full sized Tesla force magnets
wink.gif
.   They may be 320 ohms but they're pretty sensitive (more so than the HD600), and the X3ii does pretty well with the Senns as well.

So, question for you guys.  If I fet the Zens, or the upcoming Zen 2.0, should my Fiio X3ii be able to actually drive them well?

As I told you in the PM - the X3ii drives them no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back