VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Oct 26, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #1,816 of 3,324
They're gonna sound terrible, @waynes world
wink_face.gif

True, if you get the Grace, you'll hate it, send it to me!

The problem is that I know you characters... NOT to be trusted lol!!!

That Grace looks sweet though. It could potentially be a desktop gizmo that would satisfy me for quite a while without breaking the bank. Tempting. No balanced output option though. I'm not sure how important that would be to me down the road.

After getting a nice desktop dac/amp, I'd just be looking at an awesome DAP that has streaming capability. Yes, I'm looking at you X7. Hey Doc, do you think the X7 will sound as good as the Pono?

Oct 26, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #1,817 of 3,324
They're gonna sound terrible, [@=/u/333894/waynes-world]@waynes world[/@] :wink_face:

True, if you get the Grace, you'll hate it, send it to me!

The problem is that I know you characters... NOT to be trusted lol!!!

That Grace looks sweet though. It could potentially be a desktop gizmo that would satisfy me for quite a while without breaking the bank. Tempting. No balanced output option though. I'm not sure how important that would be to me down the road.

After getting a nice desktop dac/amp, I'd just be looking at an awesome DAP that has streaming capability. Yes, I'm looking at you X7. Hey Doc, do you think the X7 will sound as good as the Pono?

I really can't say, haven't heard the X7. Pono beats my X3 and DX90 in SQ. From reading the Pono thread, I note that some have traded X5's for Ponos. But I don't think Pono is the absolute pinnacle of DAPs. In fact Olddude, who was one of the biggest Pono boosters on the thread, wound up upgrading to an A&K dap, and is happy with the upgrade. BUT, I think getting better sound will come at a considerable increase in cost...at $250-300, the Pono is the best I've heard (lots out there I haven't heard, though).

Oct 27, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #1,824 of 3,324
any hint on zen 1.0 and 2.0 differences? or only Lee knows or even if he does, no specs will be revealed til it's officially out? hope v2 will be easier to drive than 1.0 and possibly cheaper. :) my wallet already is broken after i bought the P1. let's see if it sounds good with the Zen.

Oct 27, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #1,825 of 3,324
any hint on zen 1.0 and 2.0 differences? or only Lee knows or even if he does, no specs will be revealed til it's officially out? hope v2 will be easier to drive than 1.0 and possibly cheaper. :) my wallet already is broken after i bought the P1. let's see if it sounds good with the Zen.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/832681366809230?view=permalink&id=909527802457919&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment_reply

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #1,826 of 3,324
thanks golov. that info is very useful as usual. $400 for the cardas version? does it really make a difference in sound against the regular cable Zen? also, i have bought a Zen used. do you think it will qualify me for the 2.0 exchange just in case?

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #1,827 of 3,324

https://m.facebook.com/groups/832681366809230?view=permalink&id=909527802457919&ref=m_notif¬if_t=group_comment_reply

Thanks brother, at this moment I am serious pissed , I won't pollute this nice thread with my negativity, for those who wanna know why and avoid any issue with my "rude" and "angry" personality, plz do us both a favor and read about the newest post I have made in our FB group.

Cheers

Lee

p.s. Thank god, that guy is not from head-fi, and thanks again for your support brothers~ 

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #1,828 of 3,324
thanks golov. that info is very useful as usual. $400 for the cardas version? does it really make a difference in sound against the regular cable Zen? also, i have bought a Zen used. do you think it will qualify me for the 2.0 exchange just in case?

simply have the original buyer contact me and u will be qualified.

It makes a decent improvement , and it is only recommend to the most hard-core zen-lovers~

Cheers 

Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back