VDA2 Owns!
Jan 30, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #16 of 108
And has anyone compared the VDA2 with a Stello 100 or 220?
If so how do they compare?

Feb 22, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #18 of 108
Feb 22, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #19 of 108
I guess it's a good thing I didn't wait, huh? LOL

I just got my VDA-2 + VAC-1 in yesterday. My dealer warned me that burn in is 100 hours on this unit and he was right. Tonality is a little dry. Everything else in the 1 hour I've had to listen to the music is spot on! I never truly realized Hi-Fi until this very moment. Time to email Dusty. I want to see how much I'll kill the warranty if I mod the caps...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 22, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #21 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt_Carter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
omendelovitz...

FYI VDA-2 owns transporter.... sigh.

now I can see why you are crying in your avatar
icon10.gif
I'm sorry you had to learn such an expensive lesson (unless you got some 30 day deal from Slim; then it's only the shipping). Thanks for the update - I'm sure logitech and/or Sean Adams won't be happy about that development, but from what I'm gathering, VDA-2 combo owns most things. At least we both know that we have one of the best digital audio streaming sound systems out there!!!

Feb 22, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #23 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by omendelovitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
now I can see why you are crying in your avatar
icon10.gif
I'm sorry you had to learn such an expensive lesson (unless you got some 30 day deal from Slim; then it's only the shipping). Thanks for the update - I'm sure logitech and/or Sean Adams won't be happy about that development, but from what I'm gathering, VDA-2 combo owns most things. At least we both know that we have one of the best digital audio streaming sound systems out there!!!

Not just shipping but customs. Almost $500 in total.....
frown.gif

Transporter does have a wider stage and a bit more bass, but it's loose and leaks into mids. Transporter sounds near identical to my Karma, just plain boring.
VDA-2's much more resolving, MUCH more transparent, tighter lows, and MUCH MUCH tighter imaging.. VDA-2's a bit more fatiguing but overall sounds better.

Feb 22, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #24 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt_Carter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not just shiping but customs. Almost $500 in total.....
frown.gif

CUSTOMS - if you're returning the unit, get a refund from CRA!!! don't let them keep your money. Just make sure to keep the proof that you returned the unit and send them only a copy!!! Down with government agencies of taxation!
biggrin.gif
Ok, a little overkill....

Feb 23, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #26 of 108
a

Feb 23, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #28 of 108
Quote:

It's so bizzare.

Switch from Transporter to VDA... Amazed
Switch from VDA to Transporter... Amazed

I haven't heard the Transporter so I can't comment there, but a good method for comparing is just listen to one for a week or so, then the other.
Don't listen technically, just try to enjoy the music...the best one will be better at sucking you into the music and allow you to forget about the gear.

Feb 23, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #29 of 108
a

Feb 23, 2007 at 6:25 AM Post #30 of 108
Quote:

yea, i agree. i didn't mean to say that you listen like an "audiophile" for weeks, i'm not trying to be a snob, just understand where i'm comming from. too often i've rejected gear after like a few hours and gone and posted about it, only to have it come back at me 6 months later and have a completely different feeling about it.

I wasn't implying that you meant listen like an "audiophile", but I think many people do just that...they listen for certain things they can describe instead of choosing what gives them the best musical enjoyment.

Ever been driving in your car and really groovin to a song on the radio?
Then go buy the CD and play it on your expensive home rig and it does nothin for you? There are certain attributes to music playback that can't be explained or measured...that's why they call it "magic"
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back