vb-audio cable, windows volume control?
Mar 16, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #16 of 19
regarding 6, yes, you can configure volume key control, but I only find options to bind it to the hardware inputs and outputs. 

You cannot bind key control to the virtual inputs and outputs.  Of course you can use a separate virtual cable to connect to the "hardware" output and that's the point.  But then you do need VB VC as well as VB VM.

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #17 of 19
as for the distortion, I hear it using sinegen with pure tones.  It's probably much easier to detect distortion with pure tones than in music and I have no idea if I could abx in music, but it's not at all subtle for high frequencies, so maybe I could.  It's not blatantly obvious though for TV shows..

Oct 12, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #18 of 19
I'm trying voicemeeter, and it seems great for what I need, except for the incompatibility with windows volume control which is a major issue for me.
vburel if you read me, could you add an option in voicemeeter to link one of its hardware out volume control with windows volume control please ?

Nov 20, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #19 of 19
Voicemeeter provides 3 ways to control output Gain:
- Special Hook function in Voicemeeter menu will let you control output A1
- Menu MIDI mapping will let you assign a MIDI controller slider to any gain Slider.
- MacroButtons Application will let you define any kind of command to control one or several Voicemeeter knobs or Sliders... handled by any keyboard shortcut: see user manual starting page 26: http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/VoicemeeterBanana_UserManual.pdf

Script for VOL + by 3 dB
-------------------------------------
Bus(0).gain += 3.0; //add 3 db to current output A1 gain 
Bus(1).gain += 3.0; //add 3 db to current output A2 gain 

Script for VOL - by 3 dB
Bus(0).gain -= 3.0; //sub 3 db to current output A1 gain 
Bus(1).gain -= 3.0; //sub 3 db to current output A2 gain 

Script to mute bus
Bus(0).mute = 1;
Bus(1).mute = 1;