Vape-Fi
Apr 23, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #1,891 of 3,183
  Quick question for experienced vapers (and such)

As we mentioned earlier I cannot buy e-liquid with nicotine in Australia due to our laws, only import it, so I'm looking at options.

If I was to purchase this unfavoured nicotine for mixing, is it possible to mix this (correctly) with any other flavoured non-nic e-liquid?

http://www.mixologyvape.co.nz/shop/unflavourednic/unflavoured-pg-vg-50-75-or-100mg/

Obviously, I'm trying to work out the cheapest way of doing this since I need to order it in each time from New Zealand.

You can do that. Are you using concentrates or plan to just spike your flavored liquid with nic? I would almost just encourage you to pick up a kit and start playing around
with full DIY.

Apr 23, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #1,892 of 3,183
  You can do that. Are you using concentrates or plan to just spike your flavored liquid with nic? I would almost just encourage you to pick up a kit and start playing around
with full DIY.

Basically, I can buy several non-nic flavoured liquids here in Australia locally, delivered the next day which makes things very easy. Juicy fruit, strawberry you name it, 30ml bottles 10ml bottles etc. So I'm wanting to just spike those with some nicotine to make up roughly a 12mg nicotine flavoured juice.

At the moment I'm happy to spend a few bucks playing around as with anything its new and there's lots to try and spend on. But eventually, I just want to order the nicotine in bulk and mix with the flavoured juices I end up liking.

Apr 23, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #1,893 of 3,183

Basically, I can buy several non-nic flavoured liquids here in Australia locally, delivered the next day which makes things very easy. Juicy fruit, strawberry you name it, 30ml bottles 10ml bottles etc. So I'm wanting to just spike those with some nicotine to make up roughly a 12mg nicotine flavoured juice.

At the moment I'm happy to spend a few bucks playing around as with anything its new and there's lots to try and spend on. But eventually, I just want to order the nicotine in bulk and mix with the flavoured juices I end up liking.

Your only issue may be the dilution of your flavorings. 

It's a good start either way to see if you find it satisfactory and perhaps to compare to some DIY of your own.

Apr 23, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #1,897 of 3,183
My vendor VapeNW suggested using toothpaste and lemon juice for my Tsunami. Gonna give that a try

Before you balk at this...

One guy in the machine shop keeps a bottle of Summers Eve in the cleanup room to get rid of the nasty taping fluid smell from his hands.
It just might work for the Tsunami as well.

I cover the new atty in baking soda, then pour in enough white vinegar to cover and swish around till the effervescence stops. A good hot water rise then a hot Dawn dish soap bath. Rinse well in Cold water and dry. You need to disassemble the atty completely, remove every o-ring and screw as oil can stay in the channels and threads.
Wash the o-rings separately in Dawn and dry well.

Apr 24, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #1,898 of 3,183
Since last posting here a day ago I have:

1. Joined a vaping forum
  2. learnt too much stuff
  3. spent way too much money than I should have

Once everything arrives I can mix my own nicotine into ordered RTV liquids, smoke some Kentucky Gold ready prepped with nicotine from New Zeland, taste some non-nic juicy fruit, or simply puff away on the 100ml bottle of Dunhill e-liquid I'm having imported from overseas by DHL.

Online shoppers beware. 

Apr 28, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #1,901 of 3,183
I'm thinking about picking up an AUTHENTIC Kayfun Lite for $74. Any opinions? I'm looking for a kick ass mouth to lung hitter,but I haven't really found anything I like besides the Magma but at $125 it's a little much.

I'll be honest mate, if I were you, I'd pick up a "non authentic" (not sure if clone talk is allowed), Kayfun Lite from Fasttech for about $15, to try it out first, then if you like it, get the authentic.  I did that and there wasn't that much difference in quality between the two and the vape was the same, plus you could pick up a clone Magma at the same time.

You could also try to pick a used authentic from various forum sites out there, I've bought many second hand atty's and you can get a real bargain that way, as vapers tend to keep their gear in top notch condition.

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #1,902 of 3,183
My vaping gear arrived today, the Kanger Evod and some Dunhill 12mg liquid I had imported.

Everything is going well, just takes some adjusting to how much, how long, how to draw the vape correctly. 

Should have it worked out in the next day or so. I've also taken @Big Kev advise and already ordered an Apsire Premium Kit. The Evod is great and all for getting started, may even be all you need but I want better air flow, variable voltage, I'm kind of ready for a level past what the Evod offers. The Apsire is coming express post. 

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #1,903 of 3,183
  My vaping gear arrived today, the Kanger Evod and some Dunhill 12mg liquid I had imported.

Everything is going well, just takes some adjusting to how much, how long, how to draw the vape correctly. 

Should have it worked out in the next day or so. I've also taken @Big Kev advise and already ordered an Apsire Premium Kit. The Evod is great and all for getting started, may even be all you need but I want better air flow, variable voltage, I'm kind of ready for a level past what the Evod offers. The Apsire is coming express post. 

The Aspire should work out nicely, I started with a run of the mill ego kit and Kanger T3s back in 2012/13. If I were starting over again I might grab up the Joyetech eGo AIO because the biggest factor in quitting smoking for a smoker is an easy to use alternative. APVs complicate things expoentialy from vv/vw, tank vs dripper, flavor vs vapor, tube vs mech...etc. Good luck @H20Fidelity

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #1,904 of 3,183
  The Aspire should work out nicely, I started with a run of the mill ego kit and Kanger T3s back in 2012/13. If I were starting over again I might grab up the Joyetech eGo AIO because the biggest factor in quitting smoking for a smoker is an easy to use alternative. APVs complicate things expoentialy from vv/vw, tank vs dripper, flavor vs vapor, tube vs mech...etc. Good luck @H20Fidelity

Thanks mate!

That's exactly right, if I was deep into the hobby of vaping much as Head-fi and audio I'd start buying all sorts of things.

My real goal is to save money, find an alternative to rollies that has cheapish coils and call it a day. At this point while I've ordered some flavours to try I only want tobacco flavoured juice with some nicotine in it. Find a stable distributor of coils and preferred juice and that's it.

Hopefully the Apsire offers a good level.

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #1,905 of 3,183

Thanks mate!

That's exactly right, if I was deep into the hobby of vaping much as Head-fi and audio I'd start buying all sorts of things.

My real goal is to save money, find an alternative to rollies that has cheapish coils and call it a day. At this point while I've ordered some flavours to try I only want tobacco flavoured juice with some nicotine in it. Find a stable distributor of coils and preferred juice and that's it.

Hopefully the Apsire offers a good level.

It's very easy to grab onto vaping when you give up the cigs and I've spent over £100 on an atty a few times, £1000's on juice and currently have over 10 mods, 10 drippers and over 20 tanks, this hobby can become expensive.

As for juice, DIY keeps the cost way down and is extremely simple to do.

I'm sure you'll love the Mini Nautilus mate, it's a great tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back