Vape-Fi
Sep 2, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #1,353 of 3,183
i did my first TC nickel build last night on my velocity.  didnt take any pics tho.  i accidentally ordered 26ga nickel and meant to order 28ga, so my options are very limited.  i managed to get a 13 wrap spaced 2.5mm dual coil in the velocity.  came out at .09 ohm.  vaped at 50joules, 400 degrees.  it's ok.  decent flavor and decent vapor.  juice lasts much longer than my typical kanthal build.  seems to zap up the battery faster than normal tho.  which is weird cause it reads that its hitting at only like 2.7v range instead of the 4+ volt range i hit with kanthal. 

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #1,354 of 3,183
  i did my first TC nickel build last night on my velocity.  didnt take any pics tho.  i accidentally ordered 26ga nickel and meant to order 28ga, so my options are very limited.  i managed to get a 13 wrap spaced 2.5mm dual coil in the velocity.  came out at .09 ohm.  vaped at 50joules, 400 degrees.  it's ok.  decent flavor and decent vapor.  juice lasts much longer than my typical kanthal build.  seems to zap up the battery faster than normal tho.  which is weird cause it reads that its hitting at only like 2.7v range instead of the 4+ volt range i hit with kanthal. 

The thing that's draining all your battery is all the constant calculations the board has to do to regulate the temp.

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #1,355 of 3,183
  @paradoxper please don't kill me but i just sold my 23mm astron.

You're ******* dead to me. Who did you sell it to so I can make a new besty.

Sep 5, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #1,361 of 3,183
Man, you guys have some fancy setups!

I'm using a SMPL clone with a Freakshow Mini on top. Tempted to get a Derringer to go even smaller but this setup works great for now. Plus the Freakshow was $17 so I can't complain.

Sep 5, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #1,363 of 3,183
  Welcome back dude, you've been gone a while.

Thanks! Yeah, I gave up vaping for a while. Recently got back into it because I missed it too much.

I've got 14 flavors from VapeWild steeping. Can't wait to try them, although I think I'm going to start looking for diketone free flavors from now on.

What setup you using now?

Sep 5, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #1,364 of 3,183

Thanks! Yeah, I gave up vaping for a while. Recently got back into it because I missed it too much.

I've got 14 flavors from VapeWild steeping. Can't wait to try them, although I think I'm going to start looking for diketone free flavors from now on.

What setup you using now?

Mostly RTA's on the Sigelei Mini, KBox and IPV2s. I have a pair of DNA 30D boards to pop into Hammond 1590G cases. I don't vape past 25W on RTA's so these will work perfectly.

RTA's:
The Rose V2 (x2) - Totally amazing flavor, but a bit of a PiTA to build until you get the hang of it.
Flash e-Vapor V3 (Glass Tank) - Looks like an air fitting but one of the easiest RTA's to build, fill and maintain.
Flash e-Vapor VS - The mini version of the V3 and just like it's big brother provides excellent flavor.
The Big German - Hotcig Big Tank version. It holds 10ml's of pure vaping pleasure, this thing is massive, I call her Helga!
Kayfun V4 (x2) - Everyone thinks these are over engineered, but they provides a really great vape.
Kayfun 3.1, 2.1, Lite Plus (Undead Version) and a Russian 91% deck with a Steam Tuners Tiny Tank. - The Classic's!
Silverplay V1 - Typical Orchid build deck that has massive airflow and juice channels for moving vapor. I put an Aqua 2 bell tank on it and all the fill problems are long gone.

Genesis:
Origen Genesis V2 - This is one of the best Gennys available for flavor. Stainless Steel Mesh and Ekowool build.
Nextgen - A leak proof Genny that you can actually put on it's side or turn upside down. Great flavor, fiddly to build. Do NOT get the SXK Version, it's junk.
Kraken - Excellent flavor, easy build in single or dual.
Satburn 22 - Unique, novel little Genny that performs quite well.

Latest Arrival:
Taifun GS II - Taifun base with Flash e-Vapor wicking. It's the 19mm version and works excellent.

Inbound:
Tobeco KS RTA - 1:1 Holy Land Mods RTA.
Aqua 2 - I always wanted on of these.
K.Loud - Another unique little RTA.

My daily drivers are a Rose, FeV V3 and a KF4. I can see that changing once the KS RTA gets here though, 7ml's of short squat tank that will fit perfectly on the Sigelei Mini.

Silverplay V1 with the Aqua 2 tank, dual 24g .2 ohm running at 55W on the IPV2S and drinks the juice almost as bad as a TFV4... :D

The Taifun GS II on the iPOW 2 and the Tiny Tank on the Sigelei.

Sep 6, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #1,365 of 3,183
Wow, you've got some awesome stuff! I absolutely loved my Tobeco KF4 on the iPV Mini. Great road trip companion. It was fiddly at first but once you got used to how it worked it was such a dream. I'm honestly tempted to get another one but I didn't like it that much on my mech mods. I may reconsider in the future.

Have you found any good juices lately? I have a lot to try that I'm just letting steep for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back