Vape-Fi
Apr 24, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #91 of 3,183
Been super pleased with the Quasar RDA. A very big problem I've been having as of late is oring integrity due to my anise oil based juices. This atomizer has the orings 
in the chamber, which results in less friction and a tighter seal. Dual adjustable airflow with very nice space in the posts for, say, twisted wire builds. 

Flavor and vapor has been some of the best I've experienced thus far. Build quality is super solid, high quality insulator so no worry with sub ohming, etc.

I still love my Kayfun and Squape for no hassle, but this Quasar is the best dripper I've ever used.

So the Quasar orings gave up. I am quite frustrated. Contacted a few juice makers, couple
vape shops and didn't get very far. So I've decided to try out every possible material for orings
that will work with Anise type juices.

Nitrile just doesn't seem to cut it, so I have some hydrogenated Nitrile coming in
along with various silicon, teflon, viton, PFTE types.

The frustration for Anise dripping lovers!!!

Apr 24, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #92 of 3,183
Hey guys,

Looking for some advice for a n00b when it comes to vaping. 

I smoke grass and was wondering if there are any other people using vaping to smoke grass here too. From what I've gathered you have to make it in to an oil(?). I'll try to sort that, but what I'm wondering is what is the best solution for this in terms of hardware?

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #93 of 3,183
  Hey guys,

Looking for some advice for a n00b when it comes to vaping. 

I smoke grass and was wondering if there are any other people using vaping to smoke grass here too. From what I've gathered you have to make it in to an oil(?). I'll try to sort that, but what I'm wondering is what is the best solution for this in terms of hardware?

You don't have to make it into an oil. As far as hardware there are many different options, it depends what kind of 
setup you're looking for. Here's a pretty nice collection to give you an idea of what's out there.

May 13, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #94 of 3,183
Found shisha pens at my local liquor store. Loved them but they were way too expensive at 15 bucks a pop and ran out in a day. I ordered an eGo 1100mAh a while back and still waiting on it along with 10ml hangsen e-liquid. I'll see how it goes :D

May 24, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #97 of 3,183
  Rocking the Innokin MVP with a Protank 2 atm. Loving it.

YES!!! 
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #98 of 3,183
I have an Innokin iTaste 134 and a Kayfun Lite + (ISK clone) on the way. Will also get a Nemesis and Origen V2 to try a mech and a dripper! Really liking vaping. Only use cigarettes when drinking beer. Can't get rid of that habit 
rolleyes.gif

Jul 1, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #99 of 3,183
^^Yay for the Origen! A favorite here.

Just received the PlumeVeil. What an interesting atty. Some smart design choices.

Ok - featuring a single or dual coil AFC system, which includes airflow from the negative posts (so airflow flows completely around the coil for better flavor) as well as a delrin top cap piece, which also features dual airflow control (and acts as a chamber reducer for better flavor.) AND a 24k gold plated deck (for better conductivity.)

This atty is a winner, seriously. Additional features - positive post can spin so your coil builds are endless, this is great for creative builds.
This is a full-feature packed dripper that delivers, no matter what kind of vaping you enjoy the most.

The flavor is on the same level as the best - which are Quasar, Origen and Zenith. This atomizer, however, provides versatility to blow some nice big clouds, by removing the delrin piece, etc.
Still not a cloud chaser's dream like my Militia atomizer, but not everyone vapes super sub-ohm builds, so.

The build quality on this piece sucks. My threading is unusable, almost. A replacement is coming in this week, so perhaps I got a dud there.

Priced at $120: on par with the top dripper's at the moment, it's not bad at all. One thing to note: Aether Tech the manufacturer offers 0 support.
So be sure to buy at a reputable B&M.

Also, got the new Vamped batteries. They are 40 amp, 2000mAh. From what I can tell they're not just re-wraps. And from my experience, these are the real deal. They hit harder than my VTC4's or VTC5's, though not a huge difference, I am really enjoying their performance.

1 Cylon-style airhole on each side. Can turn the 
cap to close 1 off, or open both for dual coil

Crap threading: I call this the PlumeFail

24k Deck. With my V3 Flip this thing can hit hard.

Top cap: Airflow. You can see the black delrin piece inside
which is adjustable via turns using your driptip. 

Side airflow control 3 on each side.

This actually shows the negative posts airflow. 
1 on each side

Hard to see: Adjustable Delrin piece. Will 
reduce the chamber for increased flavor

Jul 3, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #100 of 3,183
Simple micro coil: 24g kanthal 5 wraps - some Grenada goodness and reading at just above .3ohms

Jul 5, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #102 of 3,183
Decided to bust out some Ahlusion Blue Fairy: An Absinthe juice - anise (not oil base) hyssop, wormwood and aged wine.

Here was/is my 4th of July build. 24g twisted kanthal 5 wraps reading at .24ohms. Vaped with Grenada goodness and Blue Fairy tonight. Happy 4th all!

Very warm/hot vape, big clouds, big flavor. Juice Guzzler.

Jul 8, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #103 of 3,183
So I am a flavor chaser first and foremost, but I have a lot of fun blowing the hugest clouds as well.

For that - the CCI Militia. A completely modified Patriot. Note the much, much bigger deck posts. You can fit literally any kind of wire in there.
Also, airflow - it's one of the most important aspects to cloud chasing. The hole drill out pattern creates a cool spiral effect that helps in cooling the vape.
When running at such super sub ohm levels, you're talking a very hot vape, so it helps a whole lot.

DO NOT run your builds at super sub ohm levels without first understanding ohm's law and your batteries limits. IMPORTANTLY your amp limit AND
the pulse/burst rate. These builds are pulling over 200 watts and 50-60 amps. SO your battery has reached its maximum continuous discharge current.

Cloud Chasers Inc

6 1/16 holes on each side.

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #104 of 3,183
I have some CCI juice coming in along with a CCI Box Mod (I'm on the pre order)

Tonight a PITA build. Personally, this build just pains me. I find if I don't wrap it right and tight the first time, there's no adjusting the coil afterwards.

It's a very, very stiff build, which is both good and bad.

24g twisted parallel build. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back