Vape-Fi
Aug 14, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #2,191 of 3,183
Aug 15, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #2,192 of 3,183
So funky. I normally appreciate understated gear as I feel it's more elegant. 
Think the Turbine looks so badass. But looks aren't everything.

The Nextasis absolutely crushes the flavor of the Turbine. Grenada just isn't done justice here.

Aug 16, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #2,193 of 3,183
I'm well into building now, Geekvape Griffin 25 is my favourite tank currently.

Had some problems with my Koopor Plus giving all over the shop ohm readings recently, then today all I got was "check atomiser" Turned out the negative contact (thread) on the 510 connection had gunked up with oil and all kinds of unwanted material. Quick clean with a cotton bud and some metho and she's back in action.

I'm running a 0.46 build at about 45watts. The dual 2800mah 18650's  are just getting me through the day!

Aug 17, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #2,194 of 3,183

I'm going to start proper mixing in the next couple of days. I've built an Excel costing / rating / recipe sheet. It's still a work in progress but I thought I'd share it. Use it or abuse it, it may be helpful, maybe not. I got the e-juice recipe details via :-

http://ejuice.breaktru.com/

As it's my first time mixing there's going to be a fair bit of trial and error so it should prove useful to monitor costing and more importantly recipes and flavours I like. I'm going to start with 1 flavour, then 2, trying additives and different VG / PG mixes to see what hits the sweet spot for me. I've got a slight intolerance to PG (my chest tightens) so the goal is to get decent flavour from high VG e-juice. Most of the info I've picked up from Chemists, both on and offline but I'll report on here how it goes.

I know a lot of you have probably moved way beyond this but threads on head-fi have a habit of forgetting novices.

Total Cost £125.06. More than enough to make e-juice for 1 year. Thinking about buying an extra litre of 72mg Nicotine and a litre of distilled water (for possible VG dilution) next week. It should be more than enough to last 5 years. I'll probably put the Nicotine in the freezer in an Amber bottle to see if it lasts that long. 5 years e-juice for £174.50 sounds pretty good, let's hope it makes decent e-juice.
popcorn.gif

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #2,195 of 3,183
i received that Nextasis clone yesterday from coppervape.  it is quite nice.  i like the restricted lung hit i can get from it.  producing a nice warm flavorful vape. it's a keeper!

i also received the coppervape bottom feed brass mech mod.  love this thing too so far.  it's a heavy ass brick tho.  :)   paired it with a NarDA clone with fat daddy vapes bottom feed pin.  i need to grind it down a bit because it's long and creates a gap between the atty and mod. 

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #2,197 of 3,183
  i received that Nextasis clone yesterday from coppervape.  it is quite nice.  i like the restricted lung hit i can get from it.  producing a nice warm flavorful vape. it's a keeper!

What have your builds been?

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #2,198 of 3,183

I've just finished my first batches. I decided to go for 70VG / 30PG combo to start with. I made 2 simple mixes, Clotted Cream Fudge & Cookie Dough. I also made a Wild Berries & Mint blend with a touch of Koolada that smells bloody lush.

I've stuck them in a cupboard under the stairs to mature for a fortnight. It cost roughly £2.05 in total (90ml, 3 x 30ml). It was ridiculously easy to do, it took 30 minutes, you just have to keep your concentration and primarily make sure you get the Nicotine level right.

Strange thing is, I bought some 30 ml Clotted Cream Fudge & Cookie Dough e-juices from a UK company for £7 each (a really good price here) and the versions I made (concentrates from a different company) are the same i.e. colour and scent. Really curious to try them now, especially when they are 90% cheaper
ph34r.gif

Aug 19, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #2,199 of 3,183
@paradoxper only one build so far.  kanthal 26ga 3 wrap.  comes in at .38ohm.  vaping it at 18w.  waiting for some 28ga to come in since all i have is 24ga, 26 and 30.  i think the AFC might be lame on this clone tho.  i'm switching the dots and not noticing much difference, if any.  thankfully it's giving me a draw/vape that i enjoy tho.  the design looks correct, but i think maybe the tolerances may be off.  the AFC chamber doesn't appear to have a gap as it slides in without wobbles, but maybe it's not going down far enough to create a seal.  i dunno.  that's my only qualm so far. 

what build are you rocking?

this CV BF mod i'm just loving.  put the bell cap on my narda clone and put a SS coil on it and it's vaping much better than the previous small clapton i had on there.  no there's no ramp up time.  almost zapped through 10mL of juice last night, which is a ton for me.  it's an indication of how much i'm enjoying this setup tho.  :)

Aug 19, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #2,200 of 3,183

Aug 19, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #2,201 of 3,183
yah, i get the concept of it.  i just don't know if it works on this clone.  it has all the right channels and hole sizes.  but i think the tolerances must be off because not matter what dots i line up, i seem to be getting the same draw off of the atty. 

i just lined up one dot with the single dot, so should just be getting air from the 2 holes in front of the single dot.  but i just covered all 3 dual airflow slots and let my finger off of one while inhaling and it was getting air from all 3 slots when it should be getting it from just the one. 

Aug 19, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #2,203 of 3,183

Set your airflow to the 0.8mm (smallest) single airplay. That is a clear draw easily differentiated. On the triple, I feel it's just airy. So perhaps harder to distinguish.

Aug 19, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #2,204 of 3,183
still not working.  i lined up the smallest air flow iwth the single dot and still getting air coming in from all 3 dual air slots.  trust me, no matter where i set the air flow, i'm getting same draw. 

i just emailed the vendor asking if this was a problem. 

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #2,205 of 3,183
Ignore the air coming through the air slots. It sounds like the dots are misaligned.

Maybe Skalk can provide his thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back