Value for $'s alert
Aug 3, 2007 at 5:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

andrew3199

500+ Head-Fier
The Senn HD580's have been discontinued for a while now.
Just for those of you intrested you can get them here http://www.getpartsonline.com/hd580....ate&code=hd580 for $122.99. They are refurbs. Mine arrived a few days ago and they looked brand new, even had the brand new headphone smell going on.
wink.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #4 of 15
For something at that price that sounds about the same as these HD600 is a bargain hard to pass up!

Now's your chance!

Aug 14, 2007 at 11:52 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by giles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the heads-up! Mine should be here on Wed. Hope they smell just like yours.
cool.gif

Mine arrived safe and sound. I was a bit surprised by the plastic bag packaging, as their site implied they would be in the original packaging. However, they are in mint condition (even the smell
tongue.gif
).

Compared to the HD595s, they had a lot more clamping force initially, to the point of discomfort. However, after a couple nights of being gently stretched over a chair cushion, they are now nice and comfy.

I ordered an HD650 cable from S-USA as it is supposed to be more durable. HD600 grilles as well (mostly for the looks). I should be all set once those minor upgrades arrive.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 11:55 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

I ordered an HD650 cable from S-USA as it is supposed to be more durable. HD600 grilles as well (mostly for the looks). I should be all set once those minor upgrades arrive.
smily_headphones1.gif

and that should raise them to about the level of an HD600

bargain of the century i think (HD580 + cheap easy mods)

Aug 14, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ozz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so now all of us 580 owners have a collectors item.

Okay -- who will offer me $400 for my new (not refurbs) HD580's?
tongue.gif

edit: price bump UP! (They sound too good)

Aug 16, 2007 at 11:18 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and that should raise them to about the level of an HD600

bargain of the century i think (HD580 + cheap easy mods)

Agreed. My HD600 grilles and HD650 cable arrived yesterday. I realize this is probably old news, but those grilles really make a big difference visually. Much more high-end looking.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 16, 2007 at 1:18 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Agreed. My HD600 grilles and HD650 cable arrived yesterday. I realize this is probably old news, but those grilles really make a big difference visually. Much more high-end looking.
smily_headphones1.gif

hehe yeah, initially the HD600 grilles were to replace the cheap looking HD580s ones and then the HD650 cable was to replace the flimsy HD580 one that was also terminated in 3.5mm but in the end i was pleasantly surprised that the different in SQ was for the better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back