Vali vs Magni
May 2, 2014 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

invrlose

Head-Fier
Anyone else have both of them? Which is better? I have both and I often switch between the two, but my ears aren't as keen as some of the people on this forum. So I'm wondering what you like and dislike about both.

It seems to me like the Magni is more bright than the Vali.

May 2, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #2 of 4
  Anyone else have both of them? Which is better? I have both and I often switch between the two, but my ears aren't as keen as some of the people on this forum. So I'm wondering what you like and dislike about both.

It seems to me like the Magni is more bright than the Vali.

For me it's not about better but for which application. I have the Vali and the Asgard 1 though and the Vali, I can't use for any IEMs or low impedance headphones like the Amperior and Momentum, the noise floor is too high (thats a dislike, but one that can't be changed). With high impedance headphones though it's an awesome amp. I think from 50 Ohms upwards (you can go down to 32 though), it's a joy to use. However, recently I ended up using the Valhalla more since it's even blacker than the Vali. But for the money, the Vali is a great performer.

cheers,
K

May 2, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #3 of 4
I was using the modi-magni combo for about 6 months with my hd-650s and after I got the vali I switched back and forth for a few weeks before sticking with the vali . It's funny with magni vs vali every time I switched I thought the one I was listing to was better but after awhile the vali came out ahead. I have since moved onto the valhalla-modi then onto the valhalla-gungnir and found the upgrade from vali to valhalla to be worth the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back