Vali 2 tube rolling
Apr 28, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #2,311 of 6,436
Stuffing all that circuitry inside a couple pieces of wood is not easy. That is the inside of a Cary amp, Bill was kind enough to offer me some better capacitors and needed to see what the Mk II already had going for it now I need to reassemble it and get back to listening before the parts arrive. I just took some time out to show Bill what a real tube looks like. :ksc75smile:

Ok I only have one cat that ever chewed on cables but they had to be coiled cords, he was pretty particular.

Aw, crap. The tube goes in the other side, Tom. Yes, I'm fully aware I didn't mention that, so I guess ultimately I'm at fault. Let me know what the repairs cost, and I'll just have to sell some more dead tubes to @Ripper2860 for 2X market price....

Apr 28, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #2,312 of 6,436
Aw, crap. The tube goes in the other side, Tom. Yes, I'm fully aware I didn't mention that, so I guess ultimately I'm at fault. Let me know what the repairs cost, and I'll just have to sell some more dead tubes to @Ripper2860 for 2X market price....

No wonder they keep falling out! I am not so sure that tube is a dud but I have no use for a single 5u4GA or a single 6CA7 so I did not bother to test them. I did not hurt them when I opened them up for LED's so I may still check them one day.

I am still wondering how much blood I am going to have to sell to pay for the tubes you sent me Bill. Maybe I can bribe a local nurse to come in, pretend to be from the Red Cross, and gather blood from my employees as well. I imagine it would get used somewhere no matter how much I profited on the transaction. It is not like I am asking them for a kidney, that would take a whole lot more talking I imagine.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #2,313 of 6,436

I will not be buying my own tubes back at 2X market. Go find another sucker. This one's wised up. :wink:

Apr 28, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #2,314 of 6,436
I will not be buying my own tubes back at 2X market. Go find another sucker. This one's wised up. :wink:

Tubes are nothing, the guy is trying to get me to listen to music about a Cosmic Hippo. Where did you find this guy Ripper and how much is it going to cost to put him in a cardboard box and mail him back? He has me plugging some tubes in the Cary that no one in the history of the planet has ever tried before, and I am trying to humor him as I position smoke detectors around the amp just in case. The cats left the room, animals have a sense about these things you know.

Apr 28, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #2,315 of 6,436
Where did you find this guy Ripper and how much is it going to cost to put him in a cardboard box and mail him back?

I think he was forced on us as part of the deal when we bought Texas. We're probably way beyond the return window, but I guess we could claim he was defective at the outset. Even Wal-Mart takes things back sometimes without a receipt.

I'm pretty sure his brother was included in the Louisiana purchase. Not sure if he was defective though...

:slight_smile:

EDIT: Oh, wait. You're talking about @Zachik . My bust. Nevermind. :grinning:

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #2,316 of 6,436

Crap. Hmmm.....where to find another sucker. I know...……..but I can't mention the place here or the moderators would boot me.

Apr 28, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #2,317 of 6,436
Bill put an explosive collar around my neck and threatened to detonate if I did not do his bidding. Sorry, Tom -- I had no choice. My advice to you is...

"It puts the lotion on it's skin, or else it gets the hose again."

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #2,318 of 6,436
Apr 28, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #2,319 of 6,436
Those should work fine, I have several sets of Sylvanias and they are among my favorites.

Apr 28, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #2,320 of 6,436
So... It seems I got the rolling virus and wanted to try the dual tubes technique through this contraption beauty:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-Dual-6...C88-6922-tube-converter-adapter-/201458214762

Do you think I could try myself with those easy found Sylvanias from viva tubes?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tests-NOS-M...-Black-Plate-D-Get-Vacuum-Tubes-/123725709529

Yes and yes. Xulingmrs is a good vendor and builds nice quality stuff. Have to wait a bit for it to arrive, but I've purchased quite a few items from him and it's all been good. No experience with Viva tubes, but they certainly seem to be legit.

Apr 28, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #2,321 of 6,436
Bill put an explosive collar around my neck and threatened to detonate if I did not do his bidding. Sorry, .Tom. I had no choice. My advice to you...

"It puts the lotion on it's skin, or else it gets the hose again."

I have a couple dozen tubes you need to pay me for. Tom said they were too crappy for his headphone stands.

My finger is on the switch...

:slight_smile:

Apr 28, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #2,322 of 6,436
I have bought a few things from Viva and have no issues with them.

Apr 28, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #2,323 of 6,436
So... It seems I got the rolling virus

Forgot to mention: very sorry to hear that. It's terminal. Be sure to update your will ASAP so at least the wife and kids won't starve.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Apr 29, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #2,324 of 6,436
So... It seems I got the rolling virus and wanted to try the dual tubes technique through this contraption beauty:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-Dual-6...C88-6922-tube-converter-adapter-/201458214762

Do you think I could try myself with those easy found Sylvanias from viva tubes?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tests-NOS-M...-Black-Plate-D-Get-Vacuum-Tubes-/123725709529
I have this adapter and I have bought some tubes from vivatubes, sometimes for $2. They all work fine.

Apr 29, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #2,325 of 6,436
Forgot to mention: very sorry to hear that. It's terminal. Be sure to update your will ASAP so at least the wife and kids won't starve.

:stuck_out_tongue:

We have no kids, we better save for tubes instead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back