Vali 2 tube rolling
Feb 15, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #5,222 of 6,436
Invade Canada, that's adorable.
There's no way you'd ever make it past our elite war beavers.
Even if by some freakish moment of dumb luck you managed to stumble ass-backwards through a gap in our defenses, the snow snakes would get you - even we know not to mess with those things.
ToVictoryPoster.jpg

Feb 15, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #5,223 of 6,436
Invade Canada, that's adorable.
There's no way you'd ever make it past our elite war beavers.
Even if by some freakish moment of dumb luck you managed to stumble ass-backwards through a gap in our defenses, the snow snakes would get you - even we know not to mess with those things.

Snow snakes? Let me guess -- they're white? We should probably plan an August invasion then. Either way we'll come up through Wisconsin and bring our badgers. They eat beavers for after school snacks. :)

Feb 15, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #5,224 of 6,436
Snow snakes? Let me guess -- they're white? We should probably plan an August invasion then. Either way we'll come up through Wisconsin and bring our badgers. They eat beavers for after school snacks. :)
Nah. We have a non-aggression pact with all members of the weasel family.

Feb 16, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #5,225 of 6,436
Nah. We have a non-aggression pact with all members of the weasel family.

You would have to bring the whole @Ripper2860 lineage into this. Fine. We'll reconsider the invasion. :) :)

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #5,226 of 6,436
You would have to bring the whole @Ripper2860 lineage into this. Fine. We'll reconsider the invasion. :) :)

Alright, I'll give you a little tactical advice if you really want to invade. Show up early. We're way less inclined to be fighty before we've had our morning 6-pack.

But honestly, just bide your time. With the way our gov't is running things (this is what happens when you give a person named "Justin" the keys) you'll just be able to buy us at a liquidation sale in a couple years time.

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #5,227 of 6,436

I'm OK either way. While I do enjoy Canadian Bacon, I find it a bit extreme and unnecessary to invade the country given that the our friend to the north's Bacon is generally easy to find in US grocery stores and breakfast establishments. Now if the situation were to change... :wink:

Feb 16, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #5,229 of 6,436
So my 6SN7 to 6922 adapter doesn’t sit flush in the socket.... the pins are longer than my 5670 to 6922 adapter... thoughts? Issues? Concerns?

As long as there's no chance of it shorting on the case, I wouldn't sweat it.
Some folks used some wire cutters to shorten the pins so they do sit flush. I suppose it's your call if you want to go that route

Feb 19, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #5,231 of 6,436
Speaking of tubes in the mail arriving; I have a set of Sylvania single octel VT-192s arriving today. These look just like the ones the ODD is keen on. Sadly, the seller on eBay that many folks use for those cool dual adapters shows that he is STILL out on Holiday (even though he indicates he was returning on 2/15?) Also, that dual adapter for the 6J5 tubes is listed at almost $300 now (instead of what was about $23 before) What!! :)
I won't be able to play around with these little guys until he comes back and I can get an order in for that adapter unfortunately.

-Kev

Feb 22, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #5,233 of 6,436
you guys have any good DIY tube dampening ideas that you've used on your Valis? Kinda want to put something cool together.
You mean dampeners on the tube? To each his own, but I have never like what dampening devices (silicone rings, O rings, tube "coolers" (ha), even Herbies) do to the sound. I've tried a number of them, and while they may improve certain aspects of the sound depending on the approach, overall they suck the life and drive out of the music. Just my opinion...

Feb 22, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #5,234 of 6,436
You mean dampeners on the tube? To each his own, but I have never like what dampening devices (silicone rings, O rings, tube "coolers" (ha), even Herbies) do to the sound. I've tried a number of them, and while they may improve certain aspects of the sound depending on the approach, overall they suck the life and drive out of the music. Just my opinion...

Really??

:thinking: Hmmmm...

What are your thoughts on barometric pressure's affect on a tube's sound? Do you prefer the sound when a Low pressure front blows in or a high pressure one?? Is their a target bar level for optimal sound? Have you taken steps to ensure an optimal listening environment and if so, wouldn't the air compressor in your living room detract from your musical enjoyment when it cuts on? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #5,235 of 6,436
Been using Herbies for years, they help with microphonics. Didn`t take out the dampers in my DAC, quite the pain tube roling in my DAC. Took out the Herbies in my MJ2 and LP. I`m interested in hearing a difference without them. I do know the dampers tighten up the bass a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back