VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, May 25, 2013
May 22, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #166 of 211
hey everyone! Just few days away! 
If anyone is interested, I just up my SPL Phonitor for Sale (see my signature for link to classified). If anyone is interested, I will bring it. If you buy on and so I don't have to pay shipping, I will wave PayPal fees! 

If you are interested, let me know and I will make sure the amp and accessories make it to the meet! Thanks for looking. 

May 22, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #167 of 211
So, this is my first meet....the time is 10-5-do you all recommend showing up right at 10...do people start packing up around noon or early afternoon? 

Thanks!

May 22, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #168 of 211
Quote:
So, this is my first meet....the time is 10-5-do you all recommend showing up right at 10...do people start packing up around noon or early afternoon? 

Thanks!

I plan to show up around 10-11 personally because as it turns out I have to work in the afternoon.  Unforutnately this means I probably won't be able to bring my whole desktop setup, but I will definitely have my portable rig and possibly my HE-400 (though there will probably already be 1-2 there already).  There is going to be a lot of good stuff coming with many awesome members, and I can't wait to try some of their setups out!  Hopefully most are planning on coming by noon-ish 
cool.gif

May 22, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #169 of 211
I should get there between 10 - 11. I'll try to get there by 10 to help setup. Driving down from Germantown so it will depend some on the traffic and how quickly I can drag myself out of bed. 

May 22, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #170 of 211
My wife and I are hosting guests for the weekend so I will not be able to stay from start to finish but will def be there few hours at least. 

May 23, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #172 of 211
My first meet around here. The only other one I went to was in Atlanta and was a mini met like 7 years ago. I will try to show up around 10-11 and bug out around 2-3. I have to go see family for memorial day and they are a few hours away. Looking forward to experiencing some good stuff!

May 23, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #173 of 211
Quote:

Thanks!

People come and go throughout the day. My plan this time around is to show up at 9:30 and either help set up, or at least make sure my stuff is setup so the when people walk in at 10 they can listen to my stuff right away. It also allows me to get early access to a power outlet which seemed to have been in short supply last time. Thank god people brought power strips 
size]

May 23, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #174 of 211
My inbox is quiet... :wink:

May 24, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #176 of 211
Quote:

People come and go throughout the day. My plan this time around is to show up at 9:30 and either help set up, or at least make sure my stuff is setup so the when people walk in at 10 they can listen to my stuff right away. It also allows me to get early access to a power outlet which seemed to have been in short supply last time. Thank god people brought power strips 
size]

I'll shoot for 9:30-10:00 to help setup as well.

May 24, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #177 of 211
I just read the last 3 or 4 pages.  The meeting is coming together quite nicely.  As reflected earlier, I can't make this particular meet.  I was released from the hospital this afternoon and am moving along pretty good considering the the invasive process undertaken.  Local pain meds distributed via a pump to the surgical area which is supplemented by liquid percocet will keep me off the roads for the next few weeks.

Of late, my most favorite headphone to use while listening to music while going to sleep and during the night is the Beyerdynamic 770 Pro, 80 Ohm.  Being of a closed nature, the headphones don't disturb the wife, have some pretty good base and are some great ear candy.  The HifiMAN and Sennheiser will wait until I spend more time sitting upright a bit more down the road.

In either regard, may all of you enjoy this great event.  I'll live vicariously through all of you after the pictures are posted following the meet, and I'll be able to see all of the greatness that I missed.

Enjoy !!

May 25, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #178 of 211
Heading out the door now. See you all soon!

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back