VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, May 25, 2013
May 26, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #197 of 211
Great turnout, and a big thanks to Vlad for organizing it - was a lot of fun for my first meet.  Hopefully some of you will be able to make the Capital Audio Fest meetup if we can get that arranged.  My favorite setups were the HE-500 on the DIY speaker amp and the LCD-3 on the Invicta/Sonett, but the Stax O2 with KGBH was really a phenomenal setup as well!  I think I'm now looking at an LCD-2, HE-500 or HD600 in the near future...

May 26, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #198 of 211
May 26, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #199 of 211
Quote:
Is there a thread for that yet?

I don't believe so, but the festival is 2 months from today (July 26-28).  Gary, who was at the meet, is the organizer for the event and mentioned that if there was enough interest, we could have a 'Head-Fi' room.  His username is here capaudiofest and he would be the best person to contact with more details, but as far as an official thread and other headfiers making arrangements, I'm not sure if it's in the works yet.  I would definitely like to support it though, and I will be in attendance and willing to help out either way.

May 26, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #201 of 211
May 26, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #202 of 211
May 26, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #203 of 211
great first meet :) i didnt get to talk to as many people as i would have liked, and i had to leave rather abruptly but enjoyed meeting a bunch of people and testing a load of headphones - the hifimans were all highlights for me, but i was surprised how heavy they were, even after hearing people talk about that beforehand! the hd-800s also exceeded my expectations - i always want to dislike the sennheisers and find that holy grail of an unknown headphone that outperforms them at a lower price, but they are such an impressive benchmark for me.. i would have loved to have seen some of the high end beyerdynamics there, sad it seems i missed the T1's... and the he60's as well!,

that 009 setup stole the show for me though, man oh man - blew my mind. the difference between them and the other high end headphones to my ears was that they always sounded like they could have taken a lot more - they never once sounded stretched, they took it all in stride and just made it look easy.. not knowing much about stax except that they start above $2000 i naively wrote down the model number and looked them up today to see how much they cost, toying with the idea of saving up for them :S maybe one day. 

hopefully i will be able to come out again next time and spend te whole day, and my lawton modded dennons will have arrived by then so i can bring a decent setup myself that will be worth checking out (decided against bringing my o2/odac +325is combo but in hindsight another lower end setup might have offered an interesting point of entry).

May 28, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #204 of 211
Just to add a few thoughts to the possible Meet at the Capital Audiofest:

1. Note that the Capital Audiofest is a 3-day event w lots of people walking around
  2. Your interest in the CAF may generate more interest by other headphone retailers and manufacturers. Could turn this in to a Can Jam sized event over time. 
  3. I will provide the space at no cost to the meet attendees but will be a nominal cost to enter the overall event as usual. 
  4. No cost to students at all. 
  5. You will have opportunity to see and hear all kinds of two channel gear both tube and transistor. 

Let me know what you think I should do? 

May 28, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #205 of 211
I know there are plenty of headfiers in the DC/MD/NOVA area who would love to attend CanJam, but just can't make it out there whether due to work, school, or other obligations.  If this could end up being the East Coast CanJam, well..................

May 29, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #206 of 211
Quote:

1. Note that the Capital Audiofest is a 3-day event w lots of people walking around
  2. Your interest in the CAF may generate more interest by other headphone retailers and manufacturers. Could turn this in to a Can Jam sized event over time. 
  3. I will provide the space at no cost to the meet attendees but will be a nominal cost to enter the overall event as usual. 
  5. You will have opportunity to see and hear all kinds of two channel gear both tube and transistor. 

Do you have a block of room available? 

May 29, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #207 of 211
Quote:

Like I said, I will be there with dillon. 

If you want, I am on a few other PC forums with dedicated audio subforums that I can spread the word to. That may or may not suit your taste, but it is the only media source that I can advertise this event on. 

Let me know what you want to do. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back