VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, May 25, 2013
May 13, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #151 of 211
Does anyone have a Peach Tree Dac-it?  I'd like to compare the Dac-It with the Bifrost w/ their new upgrades. I'm looking at both to add to a Sonos Connect for my stereo and use w/ my HP's.

May 16, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #152 of 211
I intend to make this one.  Not sure what gear I will bring outside of my Omega IIs to try out on the BHSE.  Probably the Thunderpants and some Grados.

May 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #154 of 211
I think I'm going to make it to this meet - after all these years, it'll be my first one. I haven't been very active on headfi for a while, ever since I became pretty satisfied with my gear. Now there is all this new-to-me stuff and my wallet is is a bit heavy so I'm really looking forward to whatever develops...

I'll bring my Headamp GS-1 and my Stello DA100 Signature DAC. The only cans will be my HD-25 IIs and my dearly-beloved KSC-35s. Anyone attending that also has KSC-35s, show 'em to me and I'll give you a nice little accessory.

See you then...

May 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #155 of 211
Quote:
I think I'm going to make it to this meet - after all these years, it'll be my first one. I haven't been very active on headfi for a while, ever since I became pretty satisfied with my gear. Now there is all this new-to-me stuff and my wallet is is a bit heavy so I'm really looking forward to whatever develops...

I'll bring my Headamp GS-1 and my Stello DA100 Signature DAC. The only cans will be my HD-25 IIs and my dearly-beloved KSC-35s. Anyone attending that also has KSC-35s, show 'em to me and I'll give you a nice little accessory.

See you then...

Does this also apply to PortaPros?  
tongue.gif
  I'll probably bring them anyway just for fun.

May 17, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #156 of 211
One week until the meet! Everyone know what they want to bring? :wink:

May 19, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #158 of 211
Quote:
since i'm coming locally, if anyone has a request for me to bring something just send me a PM

for anyone who has not heard Stax 009 with BHSE -- brace yourselves. While not everyone responds the same way, my jaw dropped when I heard it for the first time. If you like HD800 especially, you are in for a treat here. BTW, our meet falls a day before my B-day, so I call dibs on that station! 
tongue_smile.gif

May 20, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #159 of 211
Any room for one more? To share, I could bring:
  1. Grado SR-80i
  2. Grado RS-1i
  3. Grado PS-500
  4. Beyer T1
(all stock/unmodded)

If anyone wants to swap in/out at their own station, I could bring my Bifrost and Valhalla, but they would need to be hooked to someone else's source, as:
  1. I have no portable source (CD player, laptop, etc. - I listen at my PC), and
  2. my Bifrost has no USB (PC has S/PDIF out)

I am this close (holds thumb and first finger very close together) to being ready to upgrade, and another chance to hear the LCDs as well as the higher-end HiFiMan stuff would be awesome. Plus, I've never heard Stax before - been wondering if they live up to the hype!

May 20, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #160 of 211
I'd definitely be interested in hearing your RS1i and PS 500. I've got a solo 225i and am thinking of getting a RS1i/PS 500 or one of the HE HPs. I'm just planning on bringing my 225i and my Ipod.

May 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #161 of 211
Quote:
since i'm coming locally, if anyone has a request for me to bring something just send me a PM

I believe you have already said you would bring the Sr-007, and I am sure you will bring a bunch of amps, but would you mind bringing an energizer? I would like to see if the tube amp spriggs made me would be a good fit for the sr-007s. I am looking at either the Sr-007 or the LCD2 as my future headphone, and I would like to make sure they both suit my amp before I start the longggggg process of saving up money.  

May 20, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #162 of 211
Any room for one more? To share, I could bring:
  • Grado SR-80i
  • Grado RS-1i
  • Grado PS-500
  • Beyer T1
(all stock/unmodded)

If anyone wants to swap in/out at their own station, I could bring my Bifrost and Valhalla, but they would need to be hooked to someone else's source, as:
  • I have no portable source (CD player, laptop, etc. - I listen at my PC), and
  • my Bifrost has no USB (PC has S/PDIF out)

I am this close (holds thumb and first finger very close together) to being ready to upgrade, and another chance to hear the LCDs as well as the higher-end HiFiMan stuff would be awesome. Plus, I've never heard Stax before - been wondering if they live up to the hype!

I am sure we can find you a source.

May 21, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #164 of 211
anyone have a Koss ESP-950?  I wanna give that bad boy a try too.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back