V6 on the highs. Any way to tone them down?
Mar 26, 2004 at 5:49 AM Post #46 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by GlowWorm
Seems like a rather "crappy" tweak to me.
biggrin.gif

Only if it's used...

Mar 26, 2004 at 5:54 AM Post #47 of 48
I've had some success with the OEHLBACH mini-to-mini 120 Ohm adapter that Jan Meier offers. I bought it along with an HD600 for use with my favored V6's, and I can report that the accessory helps to buff down the highs (not chop, not whittle, not sand, just buff) and enrichens the midrange noticeably. However, it also gives an apparent increase in the upper bass, making the bass sound a bit warmer and thicker. I wouldn't pay full price with shipping by itself (which could amount to 25 dollars), but if you are ordering something else, Jan will sell it to you for only 5 dollars, which I think is a more than reasonable price for this tweak.

Mar 29, 2004 at 9:33 AM Post #48 of 48
thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to check out the Jan Meier trick you mentioned here.

As far as the EQ goes, I'll check out the DIY forum. For now, I've basically leveled out my amps EQ, sliding slightly higher toward the low end, and a bit lower in the high end of the spectrum.

It's worked pretty well, it's amazing tho' when I take these off and listen to my Pioneer floor speakers -- theres a big difference.

In listening to the "James Brown: Live at the Apollo remaster" I'm only being slightly annoyed by the highs when James yells and hits that high note.

thanks again' for the info. I'm a bit torn on the beyer pads too, sounds like a good idea, but I do like the low-profile aspect.

-Ax1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back