V6 + Beyer pads vs. stock V6
Nov 27, 2001 at 12:35 AM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1
...the bass is even crazier with the RKV.

Haven't tried that particular combination yet...

Nov 28, 2001 at 5:20 PM Post #18 of 27
I tried the Beyer pads today on my V6s and I didn't really care for the sound. The bass seemed to disappear and all I was left with was the high end. I'll have to do some more listening but right now I vote for the original pads. They do become more comfortable though with the velour pads.

Nov 28, 2001 at 6:14 PM Post #20 of 27
Increased distance from the driver to the ear is my guess.

Nov 28, 2001 at 8:03 PM Post #22 of 27
pigmode, that is unfortunately the local prices for it (I assume it's the 7506 at Video Life?). You'll have to order online from places like djmart.com if you want it at the nice and low $80 price.

Nov 28, 2001 at 8:20 PM Post #24 of 27
I'd assume the Beyer pads are certainly more cushiony than leather pads which can compress more.

I liked the V6 but instantly realized from the leather pads which I did NOT like, that the Beyer pads would provide me with bass that I prefer. And that would be a more acoustic type bass vs purely visceral(which I think the leather pads leaned towards). I think some people have different leaning towards wheter they want a more visceral bass or not. And I think there are some folks that can't recognize anything but the visceral which is absolutely fine.

In order to appreciate acoustic type bass...your ear has to sense extreme low-end bass and be able to hear deep down low naturally. But anyone can appreciate vibration of the skull.

Course I realize I'm probably the only one that likes to differentiate bass a little more than just one term.

Nov 28, 2001 at 8:54 PM Post #25 of 27
It's funny how differing the opinions are even on the pads...I'm over here saying it makes the bass more boomy, while others are saying it makes it less boomy.
eek.gif

Nov 28, 2001 at 9:09 PM Post #26 of 27
Well, all I was asking is basically, what specifically are the differences? Is the physical vs. heard bass argument the reason? What about people's ears? Anyone? Thanks...

Nov 28, 2001 at 9:15 PM Post #27 of 27
Have you guys tried stretching or compressing the headband as well? I felt the default pads were quite thin and compressed leading to a lot of physical bass transfer. But perhaps the Velour compresses just as much if not more.

Also for Vert it changes the headphones from supra to circumaural whereas for others they were always circumaural. Perhaps the closed circumaural design makes the cans more canny wheras when it was supra-aural it allowed for bass leakage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back