V-MODA Zn: Official Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Videos, etc.
Feb 8, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #259 of 363
Looking through this thread it looks like after some usage the earbuds either became faulty or the weight of the 3 - button remote got to some people. I have an iphone but I'd pull the trigger on the 1 button universal if it is that much better portability wise.

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #260 of 363
  Looking through this thread it looks like after some usage the earbuds either became faulty or the weight of the 3 - button remote got to some people. I have an iphone but I'd pull the trigger on the 1 button universal if it is that much better portability wise.

yeah that's what I notice too....if only they can release a unit where it doesn't have a mic or remote, that would be better.

Feb 9, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #261 of 363
The problem with this iem is that there are no comparisons to similar priced iems.

Comparisons to fx750 or fx750
Comparisons to ckr10 other ckr10
Comparisons to ie8 or tdk ba200 or tf10
Or any other iem near the same price range.

Feb 9, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #262 of 363
  I want to buy this ZN iem but I'm worried about the remote. It's seem a lot of guys here are having problems with it.

Yep, mine stopped working after about a month. Quite annoying but I could live with it. Now it's started randomly reducing / muting the media volume on my phone (Android, so if volume control is possible inadvertently via a faulty unit, why can't it be figured out properly??), making it worse than useless.

I've had to revert to using my Sony bluetooth headset to prevent the faulty buttons driving me insane.

Feb 12, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #264 of 363

Yep, mine stopped working after about a month. Quite annoying but I could live with it. Now it's started randomly reducing / muting the media volume on my phone (Android, so if volume control is possible inadvertently via a faulty unit, why can't it be figured out properly??), making it worse than useless.

I've had to revert to using my Sony bluetooth headset to prevent the faulty buttons driving me insane.

I think the issue with Android is due to the fact that their are so many different versions of the OS out there, plus the manufacturers put their own skins on top of it, that there this is no standard for how the volume is controlled that would be universal to all of Android phones.  I agree, I would be more than frustrated by what you're experiencing, especially so early.  For all the manufacturer hype over this IEM, its pretty disappointing and I'm glad I passed.  Can't you warranty the Zn?

Feb 12, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #265 of 363
  I think the issue with Android is due to the fact that their are so many different versions of the OS out there, plus the manufacturers put their own skins on top of it, that there this is no standard for how the volume is controlled that would be universal to all of Android phones.  I agree, I would be more than frustrated by what you're experiencing, especially so early.  For all the manufacturer hype over this IEM, its pretty disappointing and I'm glad I passed.  Can't you warranty the Zn?

It is a hardware problem and not software. There is definitely a standard on how to control the volume that is universal to ALL android phones (look at Bose and Sennheiser for just a couple companies that have done this successfully). The headphone jacks need to have the right contact points on it for the volume buttons to work. I have some android compatible headphones and they work for all of the current android versions (the manufacturer skins have no effect on the volume buttons).

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #266 of 363
We're talking about the fact numerous people throughout the thread reported of malfunctioning remotes regardless of android/iphone. The weight of the cable got to others also during active sessions. It is disconcerting to know since for the price tag you'd want the iem to be damn near perfect. I'm currently using Sennheiser Momentum earbuds with comply 150 isolation tips, it's doing a great job but the audiophile in me needs something better and that I can also gym with.

Feb 21, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #267 of 363

Can't you warranty the Zn?

Yeah I could probably warranty my Zn but I'm resident in one of 'such countries and regions' that V-Moda does not ship to and I got them sent here via a US reshipping service. I would have to pay international postage to send them back to the US, then probably another $10-15 for my reshipping service to send the replacement back to me. Plus even though they are intermittently faulty I still use them every day, so I would need to buy the cheapest tolerable substitute in the meantime.

I will email V-Moda customer services and see what they say. I think if, as a show of good faith, V-Moda were to offer to ship a replacement directly to me in Singapore that would go a long way towards redeeming themselves in my view. I suspect in the view of many other people here, too.

Feb 26, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #268 of 363
  We're talking about the fact numerous people throughout the thread reported of malfunctioning remotes regardless of android/iphone. The weight of the cable got to others also during active sessions. It is disconcerting to know since for the price tag you'd want the iem to be damn near perfect. I'm currently using Sennheiser Momentum earbuds with comply 150 isolation tips, it's doing a great job but the audiophile in me needs something better and that I can also gym with.

If you intend on using the supplied ear-hooks, the weight won't really be an issue. I have an iPhone and chose to purchase the 1-button version a month ago due to the same reliability concerns you've noted, I don't use the hooks, and I found that the weight of the cable is not an issue for me.
Re: your note on "something better" - if you choose to get the ZNs (or have already purchased them), I've noticed that a wide bore tip really clears up the sound noticeably and in a very good way compared to the stock tips supplied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back