V-MODA Zn: Official Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Videos, etc.
Jan 7, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #241 of 363
Can anyone give a comparison of the gr07BE vs the Zn? Wondering if I already have the gr07 if I should bother with the Zn. I am a big fan of the M100 and wireless though.

Surely.  Both are great...the Zn definitely has more rumble on the low end, and the BE is a bit clearer up top.  Both have their strengths and weaknesses.  It all depends what you feel the BE is lacking.  If it's bass depth and texture, then the Zn fits the bill.

Jan 7, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #242 of 363

Surely.  Both are great...the Zn definitely has more rumble on the low end, and the BE is a bit clearer up top.  Both have their strengths and weaknesses.  It all depends what you feel the BE is lacking.  If it's bass depth and texture, then the Zn fits the bill.

Awesome, thanks for your input!  I'll definitely check this out then, not that the BE is lacking in bass to me, but I do always tend to gravitate more towards the bass enthusiast headphones.

Jan 13, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #244 of 363
I have

Now that is a question that I did not consider, but I am glad was asked (the comparison between the GR07 BE and the Zn). I really enjoy the 07 sound, so the comparison is a good point of reference for me. What about the UM3X or W30? I would assume that the low end is much more prominent, but what about the higher ends, especially for vocals and acoustic ?

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #246 of 363
After less than a month the in line remote buttons have stopped working. I got the iPhone version and initially the center button was working fine with my Nexus 6P. A few days ago it stopped. Thought it might have been a phone software update at first but it's also not working on my Nexus 7 2013 or my Nexus 5.

Tested it on my colleague's iPhone and the center button works correctly but the volume buttons don't do anything. I never tried an iOS device when I got the Zn as I don't own one, so no idea if the volume buttons worked previously.

Any idea what could be causing this? Due to how the buttons work by temporarily shorting the mic line (?) I figured it could be a dirty plug/jack, so I cleaned off the crap that had built up and now it looks brand new, but still no good....

Jan 15, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #247 of 363
Has anyone compared this to the ATH Im02, I've been wondering about these ones for a few weeks now, and don't know if I should jump on and buy them. I should mention that I use my phone as my music player and dont carry an amp. I dont think they will be as clear as the IM 02, but if any of you have tried them it would be nice to hear your opinion.
Also, are these sweat resistant, as in I can take them to the gym with me? I don't take my IM02 but these ones look like they have a better build quality.

Jan 19, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #251 of 363
I find myself returning to the Zn and CFW threads daily but can't bring myself to buy them. Still loving my M-100 so it's a given I'd want to give V-MODA more money, haha. I guess I can wait to see what happens with iPhone 7, with the omission of a headphone input likely and maybe even a new Apple wireless format.

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #252 of 363
I would never buy a phone without a headphone jack unless almost all headphones become wireless and the wireless technology is lossless.

With that said. I wish there was some comparisons to some popular iems. Such as jvc fx series or ie80 or even ckr10

Jan 20, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #253 of 363
I would never buy a phone without a headphone jack unless almost all headphones become wireless and the wireless technology is lossless.

With that said. I wish there was some comparisons to some popular iems. Such as jvc fx series or ie80 or even ckr10

Yes, I'm waiting for lossless wireless as well before going wireless for headphones. Although without the headphone jack that would mean that headphones would have to use a Lightning connector, which isn't an issue. We should see a lot of new headphones with Lightning connectors when iPhone 7 comes out.

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #254 of 363
Yes, I'm waiting for lossless wireless as well before going wireless for headphones. Although without the headphone jack that would mean that headphones would have to use a Lightning connector, which isn't an issue. We should see a lot of new headphones with Lightning connectors when iPhone 7 comes out.

Yes, but I forgot that I have a lot of great headphones already (over$1000 worth). Either I would have to get rid of them or the companies would have to create a removable lightning adapter for them. I use my phone as my sole music source. But if companies create lightning cables for all the older great headphones then I'll get the iPhone 7.

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #255 of 363
Yes, but I forgot that I have a lot of great headphones already (over$1000 worth). Either I would have to get rid of them or the companies would have to create a removable lightning adapter for them. I use my phone as my sole music source. But if companies create lightning cables for all the older great headphones then I'll get the iPhone 7.

I have no doubt there will be an adapter available. They're not about to make every wired headphone ever made obsolete. But I'm expecting a lot of unique headphone designs to accompany the Lightning connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back