V-MODA Zn: Official Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Videos, etc.
Nov 6, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #17 of 363
I just ordered the zn with 3 button cable. I have an android phone note 4. Will the 3 button work just as well as the one button cable. Why would you want a one button cable if the answer is yes. I hope I don't have to return these cause I ordered a 3 button cable for an android phone.

Nov 7, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #18 of 363
  I just ordered the zn with 3 button cable. I have an android phone note 4. Will the 3 button work just as well as the one button cable. Why would you want a one button cable if the answer is yes. I hope I don't have to return these cause I ordered a 3 button cable for an android phone.

The volume controls will not work on anything but apple products. The middle play/pause button will still work on android for play/pause but I am not sure if the double press the play/pause button to skip or triple press to go back will work. That is why they have the one button for android devices because if the volume buttons don't work why have them.

Nov 7, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #19 of 363
Some individual apps can take advantage of 3 button play but it's not often.
You can use the center button to pick up and hang up calls however. I had an Android phone and Sennheiser IE8i that had a similar setup.

Nov 7, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #20 of 363
Some individual apps can take advantage of 3 button play but it's not often.
You can use the center button to pick up and hang up calls however. I had an Android phone and Sennheiser IE8i that had a similar setup.

Its a hardware issue not a software issue so apps wont make the volume buttons work unless it is an android specific version of the headphones. Apple has a patent on the 3 button remote that's why there are very few android compatible 3 button remotes. Like I said in my previous post the middle play/pause button will work on an android device and apps can change what that function does but the volume buttons will not work without physically modding the headphones.

Here are my resources:
http://lifehacker.com/5911435/modify-any-iphone-headset-remote-to-work-with-android-devices

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2ttgl7/android_three_button_headset_controller/

Nov 11, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #29 of 363
I bought my m-100's after reading all your feedback on them without the opportunity to hear them prior to that & love them.  I am in need of some lighter phones so looking at IEM's & cannot wait for the reviews from you all to see if they are worth getting.  Hope they exceed the lofty expectations that have been built up over these & other pages!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back