V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
Apr 23, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #451 of 972

I meant isn't the xs "a headphone that both sounds better and is as comfortable as my ATH-M50's for portable use. ".

Only more portable and better build quality + design, Sound quality and comfort wise, my M50 wins hands down. M50 has larger soundstage, more airy, sweet midrange, and much better treble extension (very sparkle). On the other hand, XS has more upfront and neutral midrange (M50 is a bit recessed), more bass quantity but the treble is still a bit soft.  
I only bought the XS for street wear as my M50 is too bulky for that.
That's my first impression. The headphones are still new so they may need more burn-in. 

Apr 24, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #452 of 972
Don't get me wrong, I love the XS from when I tried it earlier this month, but it's nowhere near as comfortable as my ATH-M50's, and the sound is also not as good as my ATH-M50's, as mentioned above. 

SpiderNahn explains the Revolver well in his quote:
The Revolver is a legendary headphone in the Val Kolton mythology. It's supposed to be his perfect headphone both in design and sound quality and will not see the light of day until he figures it out. Search his posts with the keyword "Revolver" if you want to learn more.

The codename "Revolver" probably has something to do with rotating cups, something V-MODA headphones have been missing.

My hopes for the Revolver are that it be:
  1. Balanced. (Slight emphasis on Bass & Sub-Bass, NO "V" SHAPED SOUND SIG)
  2. Closed but 'Open'. (Bigger soundstage than my M50's.)
  3. COMFORTABLE. (Headband padding and ear padding both need to be full and soft. This is a huge thing for me.)
  4. Portable. (Foldable, carryable, what-have-you. Let me take it with me!)
  5. Beautiful & built well. 

Hmmm... I wonder if it'd be too early to create an anticipation / discussion thread for these... 

Apr 24, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #454 of 972
After having a play around with the XS and M-100 recently, I've come to the conclusion that the M-100 is more suited to my needs, so letting the XS go.  

If any UK head-fiers want the XS for a good price PM me.

I also want to point out that V-MODA customer service is exceptional.  I was missing a Purple cable and they shipped me one from the US to UK at no extra charge.  Good people they are.

Apr 24, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #455 of 972
  After having a play around with the XS and M-100 recently, I've come to the conclusion that the M-100 is more suited to my needs, so letting the XS go.  

If any UK head-fiers want the XS for a good price PM me.

I also want to point out that V-MODA customer service is exceptional.  I was missing a Purple cable and they shipped me one from the US to UK at no extra charge.  Good people they are.

^ same here and they provided tracking for that purple cable as well 

i just wish the purple cable was shorter =( even the one with the remote is too long 3- 3.5 ft is enough

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #456 of 972
I'm in the market for some new headphones and I believe these are them.

It has been a back and forth with the Senn Momentum On-Ear's but I think the more balanced sound signature and forward mids I've been reading about have tipped the scale.

I only wish V-Moda had velour pads for these. Does anyone know if there are velour pads out there that would be compatible with these cans?

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #457 of 972
I'm in the market for some new headphones and I believe these are them.

It has been a back and forth with the Senn Momentum On-Ear's but I think the more balanced sound signature and forward mids I've been reading about have tipped the scale.

I only wish V-Moda had velour pads for these. Does anyone know if there are velour pads out there that would be compatible with these cans?

The pads on the M-80 weren't replaceable and I haven't seen anything on my XS that show differently. I don't think you can self replace the pads. At the very least, not easily.

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #458 of 972

The pads on the M-80 weren't replaceable and I haven't seen anything on my XS that show differently. I don't think you can self replace the pads. At the very least, not easily.

Si! - in fact the XS/M-80 cushions are quicker to replace than the M-100 and LP series. We never recommend removing the cushions until you intend to replace them as the perfect seal that we swear by for sound may be altered. But the clips vs tabs are different on the models.

http://v-moda.com/m-80-memory-cushions/

we will update V-MODA.com to reflect the XS/M-80 cross compatibility of the cushions now.

-V

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #461 of 972
What's this purple cable you're speaking of? I haven't seen it anywhere and there isn't a purple cable on their website?

You can get the V-Moda audio cable in purple. It shows up as an option when you add the audio cable to your cart and it seems like they may be including one with new headphone orders.

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #462 of 972
  What's this purple cable you're speaking of? I haven't seen it anywhere and there isn't a purple cable on their website?

http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/
There should be one included with your XS order. If not, send them an email with your order number and they will ship you one.

Val, could you comment about velour pads; is it something that is possibly being looked into for those who want them or should I be giving up the dream? :p

I don't think velour will be a part of V-MODA's plans, at least not for their current headphones. It took over a year of fine tuning just to get the XL pads for the M-100 to sound right. The only way I see velour being used is if it's on a new headphone designed with velour in mind, or if someone decides to take on a small DIY project.

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #463 of 972

http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/
There should be one included with your XS order. If not, send them an email with your order number and they will ship you one.

Interesting. I received no such cable with my XS. But it'd be nice to have. An email I shall send, thanks for the heads up.

Apr 25, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #465 of 972
Did you order direct from V-Moda? I don't think that cable is included in the box. It seems to be an extra if you order from their website.

That's a great point to bring up. Ordering from V-MODA directly yields free custom engraved shields and the purple audio-only cable. Other vendors will only ship you the XS with stock accessories (case, SpeakEasy, 2 V-Corks, carabiner, stickers, registration card).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back