V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion, Questions] #FirstthreadtocoverXS
Apr 20, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #437 of 972
i don't know if this was intentional but i found a way to store one of the v-corks in the case say if your on the go with your buddy and you wanna share your portable device or whatever

originally i was about to use a little baggy but this is much better, plus its secure! hope this helps all your road warriors when you share with your friends

Apr 22, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #439 of 972
Had the XS for around a week now and the main differences I can hear versus the M-100 is the treble increase in the XS and the lack of spaciousness/soundtstage as well as that subbass rumble.  However, they're much more easy to take about, digging the dinky size of them.  Gonna keep one, think it may be the XS just for portability reasons.

Apr 22, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #440 of 972
  Had the XS for around a week now and the main differences I can hear versus the M-100 is the treble increase in the XS and the lack of spaciousness/soundtstage as well as that subbass rumble.  However, they're much more easy to take about, digging the dinky size of them.  Gonna keep one, think it may be the XS just for portability reasons.

you say theres more treble? > m100? and more subbass >m100?

Apr 23, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #443 of 972
Gonna be a while. There haven't even been rumors of an actual release yet. The M100 was rumored for a year before it came out so you've at least got that long. Haha.

Hahaha - I figured that since it's been almost a year since he mentioned the "Revolver" in the M-100 thread, we'd start seeing more.

I have little doubt it's their next headphone, but my hopes are on it being a high quality, high comfort, mostly balanced, audiophile quality ATH-M50 killer. I still have yet to find a headphone that both sounds better and is as comfortable as my ATH-M50's for portable use. (It's always one or the other it seems...)

I'm hoping that the "Revolver" will be it. 

Apr 23, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #444 of 972
  Hahaha - I figured that since it's been almost a year since he mentioned the "Revolver" in the M-100 thread, we'd start seeing more.

I have little doubt it's their next headphone, but my hopes are on it being a high quality, high comfort, mostly balanced, audiophile quality ATH-M50 killer.

Isn't that what the xs is?

Apr 23, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #445 of 972
Isn't that what the xs is?

No. The Revolver is a legendary headphone in the Val Kolton mythology. It's supposed to be his perfect headphone both in design and sound quality and will not see the light of day until he figures it out. Search his posts with the keyword "Revolver" if you want to learn more.

Apr 23, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #446 of 972
Mine just arrived this morning, sexiest and toughest on-ear headphones I have ever seen
Sound quality is great so far, I love the midrange, smooth upfront. I wish it could be a bit colored like my M50 though. Treble is much better and not rolled off like M80
And here's another big fan of Fairy Tail 
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #447 of 972
No. The Revolver is a legendary headphone in the Val Kolton mythology. It's supposed to be his perfect headphone both in design and sound quality and will not see the light of day until he figures it out. Search his posts with the keyword "Revolver" if you want to learn more.

I meant isn't the xs "a headphone that both sounds better and is as comfortable as my ATH-M50's for portable use. ".

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #448 of 972

I meant isn't the xs "a headphone that both sounds better and is as comfortable as my ATH-M50's for portable use. ".

Apologies. And yes, you are correct.

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #449 of 972
wow after listening them today in the dead silence of my living room (for once anyway, its usually so noisy its crazy here)

something really stood out

the Depth of the soundstage

wow i just melted into the recording the positioning of spatial cues are impressive (again if there was more treble) this would be more obvious to me from the beginning. but i was still able to listen to them and fall asleep (non-fatiguing or bright treble) on my mostly pop, jpop, kpop music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back