V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
Feb 6, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #616 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, our customer service/orders team works M-F 9am-6pm Pacific Time, but please use the contact form and ticket system for any orders/support and they will respond within a few hours during working hours. Hope all is golden!

http://www.v-moda.com/our%20world/contact.aspx

Thank you very much, Val, I was contacted by someone from your team, I hope things get all sorted out in the end. I have to say V-Moda has an amazing customer support, you really deserve all the praise you are having.
If all goes well I hope to be a proud Vibes owner, very soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #617 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The plug needs to be either enlarged, or provided with a gripping surface (a poster, last month, demonstrated adding some shrink-wrap to the plug/cable area).

I've done the heat-shrink, using the 1/4" (6mm) size, and it's worked very well. Very easy to grip and remove. I think it looks nice, although not as shiny. Also, very inexpensive to do
icon10.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #618 of 1,475
i was going to report back about my cold weather experiment but alas i really couldn't execute. why? because it is too flippin' cold, that's why! we've got air temps of 5 degrees F with strong winds. so that's like -100 degree wind chill. (okay, i'm exaggerating... but only a little!) so i had my head sock on therefore my vibes were totally covered including the wire so it never was out in the cold. they continue to sound great and made dealing with this brutal cold weather much more bearable. guess i'll give it another go tomorrow. as long as the wind dies down, i'll bear the cold for the sake of science!
evil_smiley.gif

oh, and by the way... i have absolutely NO sympathy for you guys and your inadequate air conditioning! grrrr!!!!

Feb 6, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #619 of 1,475
Does anyone have a picture showing how the ModaWrap is supposed to be used for cable management? A reveiw I read said it could be used to manage the cables when you store them in the leather pouch (which I wish was a different colour.
smily_headphones1.gif
)Sorry, but I can't figure it out.
redface.gif

Holly

Feb 6, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #620 of 1,475
Ok, this is a surprise. We put two Vibes in the freezer for the last few hours, and we had an office bet on which cable would be stiffer...

As we know, the Flashblack/Red Roxx cable in normal climates is more flexible than the Gunmetal Black/La Mocha cables.

I lost the bet badly, the Gunmetal Black and La Mocha cable (without the clear shielding) surprisingly definitely was more flexible when frozen (note FROZEN, not just cold).

Perhaps it's because of the chemical properties of the cable or the metal shielding, who knows but the good thing is they warm up quickly regardless of which cable
smily_headphones1.gif

all in the sake of science!

Feb 6, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #621 of 1,475
Ack Val, but in normal environments the Gunmetal/La Mocha cables are more flexible just due to being thinner :wink:. Poor bet there guy
tongue.gif

Although does not tempt to freeze my vibe....

Feb 6, 2007 at 10:35 AM Post #623 of 1,475
Plugging/unplugging: I have an easel case, so need to unplug-plug if I sit to watch a movie. I also turn off my pod when i reach my office by briefly removing and re-inserting the the plug. have to see how i can adjust my behaviours if the plug is resistant.... when/if it arrives.

Feb 6, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #625 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by joan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.... when/if it arrives.

I think it was already on my door step when I wrote this :)

Postmarked last monday, so it took a week and a day to get to london. The parcel is unbelievably light, and the custom form claimed it was worth $9.50 (so where's my change?) so no one in customs was ever going to notice it.

They sound pretty good to me - but they were always going to, as I was using really bad earphones since my EP-630s died on me. About to take them on their first underground trip - the real test for them.

oh, and for candy...
IMG_7770.jpg

they are very bright - like red foil or red tinsel

Feb 6, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #626 of 1,475
=0 I should of picked Red Roxx Lol.
I'm returning my Vibes due to a hissing noise, wonder if I could get red ones..lol.

NVM I can't be a chooser after Val hooked me up lol.
I might get a job just to buy me another pair lol.

Feb 6, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #628 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by joan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it was already on my door step when I wrote this :)

Postmarked last monday, so it took a week and a day to get to london.

Would be interesting to hear from you how they work out for you on the Tube wrt sound isolation.

Feb 6, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #629 of 1,475
TheSupreme1 - regarding the "background grunge) you experienced - expect it in beginning. It disappears at aprox. 16-18 hours of burn-in (along with some other nice SQ improvements). I find it very interesting that NO headphone or earphone manufacturer tells the buyer (either inside or on outside of the packaging) that burn-in will be necessary, and when to expect the marked improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back